Nokia 6680 - How do I setup non-vodafone pop3 email?

Last response: in Brands
August 22, 2005 7:41:23 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

Hi there - My Dad's recently gone for a Nokia 6680 on Vodafone. I've
tried to up his POP3 email on it, like I have got on my Orange Nokia
6680, but it won't let you change certain settings which means that he
can't access his email!

- It won't allow you to change IMAP to POP3 (like it does on my Orange
one).

- It won't allow you to select 'download headers only' and only gives
you options to download a mex amount of emails in one time.

This is really frustrating and means he can't get his email on his
phone. It's nothing special, just normal pop3 email account settings,
but becuase his Nokia 6680 is on Vadfone, it seems like they've locked
it down so that you can only use it access Vodafone email!

Can anyone shed any light on this or help us in any way please?

Thanks,

Paul
Anonymous
August 22, 2005 11:21:29 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

> Can you not add a completely new email account rather than trying to
> change the existing one?

How do I do that?
Anonymous
August 22, 2005 2:48:28 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

Go to the Nokia site and getting the setting sent to the phone. That's how I
got my POP3 mail sent to me on my Vodafone 6680.
August 22, 2005 5:57:35 PM

--

Brian Morrison

please observe reply-to address
August 22, 2005 8:00:47 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

> - It won't allow you to change IMAP to POP3 (like it does on my Orange
> one).
>
> - It won't allow you to select 'download headers only' and only gives
> you options to download a mex amount of emails in one time.
>
> This is really frustrating and means he can't get his email on his
> phone. It's nothing special, just normal pop3 email account settings,
> but becuase his Nokia 6680 is on Vadfone, it seems like they've locked
> it down so that you can only use it access Vodafone email!

They haven't locked anything down, and you can do all the things you want.
Keep calm and look at the manual...!

Hint: you need to create a new mailbox for your new e-mail account -
Messaging-Options-Settings-E-mail-Mailboxes-Options-New mailbox.

xx j
Anonymous
August 22, 2005 8:11:45 PM

Paul Turner wrote:
>>Can you not add a completely new email account rather than trying to
>>change the existing one?
>>

> How do I do that?

I don't know TBH, I was simply wondering if the phone supports multiple
accounts like my SE phones do.

--

Brian Morrison

please observe reply-to address
August 23, 2005 1:47:20 PM

Paul Turner wrote:
> Hi there - My Dad's recently gone for a Nokia 6680 on Vodafone. I've
> tried to up his POP3 email on it, like I have got on my Orange Nokia
> 6680, but it won't let you change certain settings which means that he
> can't access his email!

Delete the vodafone account and make a new one, just be sure to set the
Contract Internet as your access point

--
Marc
Visit http://www.iMarc.co.uk/ for contact information..

Paul Turner wrote:
>>Can you not add a completely new email account rather than trying to
>>change the existing one?

> How do I do that?

Messaging, Options, Settings, E-mail, Mailboxes, Options, New mailbox.

Dario
!