Closed

Nokia 6230i Firmware Upgrade?

Last response: in Brands
August 22, 2005 4:40:13 PM

now i have V03.40 on, is there newest and what are the
changes/improvements?
Anonymous
August 22, 2005 5:42:24 PM

pup wrote:
> now i have V03.40 on, is there newest and what are the
> changes/improvements?

TTBOMK 3.40 is the latest for the 6230i. As for the list of changes,
Nokia don't make it public and in any case their Service Bulletins are
somewhat obtuse in their descriptions of bug fixes and enhancements, so
it might not help to have it.

--

Brian Morrison

please observe reply-to address
Anonymous
August 22, 2005 11:39:06 PM

pup skrev:

> now i have V03.40 on, is there newest and what are the
> changes/improvements?

Haven't found any :-( The "Sound improvement" is gone.
And it somtimes does not switch to "carset" when mounted.

Also, "Waves.nth" is locked and cannot be deleted (i 3.30 you could
delete it and free up the space)

--
Lars-Erik - http://home.chello.no/~larse/ - ICQ 7297605
WinXP, Asus P4PE, 2.53 GHz, Asus V8420 (Ti4200), SB-Live!

Brian Morrison skrev:

> Nokia don't make it public and in any case their Service Bulletins are
> somewhat obtuse in their descriptions of bug fixes and enhancements, so
> it might not help to have it.

This is posted several places on the net now. In addition they talk
about SHORTER battery time with the 3.40 firmware :-(

Changes/improvements made from MCU SW version 3.30 to version 3.40:

Call and network management:
- Call waiting tone and SMS beep during a call are optimized for the
users convenience

SMS:
- Handling of SMS entering improved

MMS:
- Improvement in editing new MMS during a open PDP context (FTP) via
USB Cable
- Improvement when using MMS Video News
- Video MMS received form Samsung Z107 is displayed completely

E-mail:
- Improvement in downloading the emails when using the IMAP settings
for email
- The note ‘Sending failed’ is not shown if it is tried to send an
email to 6
recipients

WAP:
- Improvement in handling of Hebrew links
- Improvement when streaming from emblaze server
- Improvement when there is no WAP settings in the phone and the user
tries to launch the browser with SIM ATK
- Improvement when the user ends browsing by pressing the end key

HTML:
- Improved handling of Hebrew xHTML pages

SIM:
- Correct SIM status during warm refresh, “SIM card registration
failed”
note is not shown on display when the user enters new MS
- Improved handling of a recorder using Italian
- Improvement when music tracks are changed in the music player
- Handling of display and keys improved when mounted in Carkit
- Russia: Improvement when showing e.g. kB unit in gallery folder
- USB is displayed correctly when the phone has been in carkit for a
while
- Audio player is turned out when video screensaver is activated
- Improvement when rewinding and pressing fast forward randomly
- It is possible to set the text recognition language in the variant
- Configuration Showing of battery full indicator improved
- Play Tone level has been raised
- Theme download menu added
- USB data transfer: Theme stored on MMC can be opened and applied
- Screen saver: Improvement when after 3gp file is set as screen saver
- Pictures taken with Camera have the extension “.jpg” instead of.pg

Source: Nokia

--
Lars-Erik - http://home.chello.no/~larse/ - ICQ 7297605
WinXP, Asus P4PE, 2.53 GHz, Asus V8420 (Ti4200), SB-Live!
December 12, 2009 3:41:09 AM

someone plz help me upgrade from nokia 6230i v 3.25 to 3.40
along with download link and guide me plz
iamviveksri@gmail.com
September 28, 2010 3:23:19 PM

This topic has been closed by Buwish
!