Upgrade to 90% NTSC Color Gamut for GAMING?

Status
Not open for further replies.

abeaty1

Honorable
Jan 5, 2013
Hey, gents.

First off, I understand this isn't appropriate for the "graphics CARDS" sub-cat, so I apologize.

Anywho, Should I really blow extra $150 on 90% NTSC Color Gamut or just stick with the Matte type standard for a sager 9370 lappy?

No video editing or anything, just gaming. Is $150 upgrade for 90% NTSC Color Gamut really worth it? If so, will this kill battery because of intense, bright colors, etc.

THANKS!

Solution
Personally, I wouldn't do it. The NTSC color gamut is just a standard referencing the amount of color a given monitor can display. Most LCDs will provide 70 -75% of the gamut and is suitable for virtually anything you want to do. A 90% color gamut will allow better representation of color for professional graphics/video editing.

Spend your $150 on an SSD upgrade, or more RAM or just take your honey out to dinner with it.

JeauxBleaux

Honorable
Dec 27, 2012
Personally, I wouldn't do it. The NTSC color gamut is just a standard referencing the amount of color a given monitor can display. Most LCDs will provide 70 -75% of the gamut and is suitable for virtually anything you want to do. A 90% color gamut will allow better representation of color for professional graphics/video editing.

Spend your $150 on an SSD upgrade, or more RAM or just take your honey out to dinner with it.

Solution

abeaty1

Honorable
Jan 5, 2013
Thanks, JoeBlow. That's what I wanted to hear, lol. I just needed some outsider confirmation. :)

It's like buying a plasma tv. In store one may look better than the other, but once you get the 'shittier' one home, you can't tell a diff at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.