Plz need help fast if you can

boa117

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013
here is the problem in on a budget and i have to choose from 2 gpus btw here are the specs if you need them anyway
cpu Intel Core i5-3570K with hyper212 evo
main hdd WD caviar black 1tb
mobo ASUS P8Z77-V LX
ram 8GB (2 x 4GB) Kit Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600
case bitfenix shinobi (white not windowed
PSU prolly a corsair builder 500
and now to get to the cherry the gpu my budget allows me to buy a msi 660ti (tf) power edition or buy a 7950 (dual x or msi wf3 )
now about the other details i will be playing all kinds of games from such that have minimal demands like killing floor , counter strike classic, legue of legends , HoN , DOTA2 , wc3 dota , f2p online fps and very demanding games like bf3 , metro 2033 at a 1920x1080 display
im also looking forward to run future games like bioshock infinite , gta V , bf4 , crysis 3 and metro last night
so which card should i buy ? 7950 msi or sahppire dualx or the msi 660ti power edtion (i dont look to overclock very much just enough to play a stable fps at high to max settings )

A quick look at anandtech bench suggests you'd be better off
with the 660ti based on the games you prefer. But, they do trade blows on games.
The 7950 overclocks very well and you should consider only if you plan to overclock it.

Tom

boa117

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013
i know they are trading blow coz of games prefer difrents hardware like from the benches i have seen i see that metro 2033 runs better on the 7950 than on the 660ti . Here is my problem i dont like physx at all , but also i dont have a game that i prefer i mean i play only 4 moba games and a shitload of fps games so that still leaves the question if u should get the 660ti or the 7950 i have also heard that the amd cards have a lot of problems with the drivers unlike nvidia cards and also that the 7950 would be better if i play on 1080p or if i overclock it , a lot of ppl say that the 660ti has a lot of problems with the overclocking so considerind all this frigin shizzz im gonna ask a more easy qestion which would be more future proof and which model should i actualy get

(have in mind that in live in the god forsaken country of bulgaria so no newegg for me or amazon or ebay just local hardware stores with products on the forever alone shelf)

7950 - Gigabyte R795WF3 , saphire 7950 basic model , Sapphire 7950 with boost (dualx), Sapphire Radeon HD7950 with boost(no dualx) (all are 3gb ddr5
660ti- EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX660Ti , Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce GTX660 Ti OC , Palit NVIDIA GeForce GTX660 Ti JETSTREAM , Palit NVIDIA GeForce GTX660 Ti , MSI GTX 660 Ti Power Edition OC , Gigabyte N66TOC-3GD (all are 2gb)

Hi again - based on what you list I would get one of the Sapphire 7950's,
prob the basic model to save some money & do moderate OC yourself.
If you don't want to get into OC, then get the cheapest boost model.

boa117

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013
too bad they dont have the vaporx edition anymore (here) i had previous expwith vaporxmodels like the 7770 but now that leaves me with either the windforce 3 model or the dual bios model just in case something bad happens but i thinki will go with the windforce 3 coz it has a bettter cooling and in overclocking cooling is just vital

With either of those cards, you are going to experience good gaming.
The differences are probably not noticeable during use.

enjoy your new card.

ACTUALLY the HD7950 OC Edition (900MHz) has BETTER components than the Vapor-X but a slightly louder cooler. The HD7950 OC Edition (950MHz) has even better components with the same Dual-X cooler.

Mine OCs like a beast, so I don't see why the Vapor-X is so great other than the slightly quieter cooler.

boa117

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013

Im looking forward to a 7950 wf3 since its well the only good in my opinion and by dualx i mean the one with the 2 bios just in any case if something goes wrong :D here the diference between the saphire 7950 and the spahire 7950 oc is about 100 $ (or 144BGN here ) so if i had the money for that one i would go for the gtx 670 not the 7950 but since the 7950 overclocks a shitload , and maybe cfire in future :p

The WF3 models I have heard have Coil whine issues. So you may want to rethink that.

And yes, the Dual Bios Version is the good one.

Graphics core next(GCN), the name of the architecture used on the HD7XX series. The entire HD7xxx series, BUT the only confirmed ones are HD79XX, HD78XX.

But the 13.2 BETA has reduced the latency by more than 60%, so don't stress, should be entirely fixed in the next driver release.

I guess that depends on your region and the model of the card. When I bought my HD7950 the GTX660ti was 80$ more in ym Country. LOL so yeah obvious choice.

South Africa.

My HD7950 is set at 950MHz for everyday use and when I game more intense stuff(BF3 and such), I switched to secondary BIOS, which is set to 1280MHz. Under full load it touches 92C, but that's totally acceptable.

Bahaha its not that hot here, this is not typical Africa, but yes its much hotter here than in Canada.