Why should one buy wireless touch screen router?

I'm stumped with my choice here. Need help. Why should I need a router with a touch screen? Just because, its fancy or just because its bringing a new trend to wireless networking? I wanted to buy the D-link DIR 865 but it became vaporware. Now this came up Almond of Securifi.

Dong Ngo of CNet has reviewed it. Does it really make sense to buy a wireless touch screen router, leaving the old trend of traditional routers with web interface? I am stumped. Need your output..................

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-57383805-1/securifi-almond-a-wireless-router-for-the-post-pc-era/
2 answers Last reply
More about wireless touch screen router
  1. You don't need one, but it may help if your computers can't connect to it to do configuration checks. Heck, you don't even "need" a router with wifi or gig ethernet capability really.
  2. I agree with you somewhat. But router has become a need nowadays connecting multiple devices to wireless network. And if a router with so called "touch screen" gives a facility to change the SSID and passkeys without even logging to the web interface, its not bad, I guess.

Even, I wonder how to configure with a smart tv???
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration Wireless Routers Touch-Screen Wireless Networking