Monitor not waking after sleep

ACE29720

Honorable
Feb 3, 2013
Hey all, use these forums a lot for answers and opinions but never actually posted up so I hope I'm throwing this in the right area.

Recently I'm having an issue with my monitor not waking after the computer has been locked and gone to sleep. Basically I lock the PC anytime I'm not using it so my son doesn't get on but recently I've had a problem where the computer, wireless mouse/keyboard, etc are waking, but the monitor's power light continues to flash. A reset always solves the problem but anytime I lock it and come back, same situation. Recently the problem has changed to the power light going solid but I receive a black screen. I can type my password and hear it log in to Windows but no picture. Again a reset solves it.

I've changed the monitor cable and the problem persisted. Hooked a different monitor up, problem persisted. Hooked my monitor to another PC, everything works just fine.

I feel like it's more than likely the graphics card starting to go but I want to get opinions and try to be sure before I replace the card rather than fix something smaller possibly. Possibly a BIOS update? Not sure what you wanna know to make a determination so I'll throw some basic system info out.

AMD Radeon 5750
Windows 7 64
TA890FXE Biostar Mobo
4 GB RAM

If any other info would help please let me know and I'll do what I can to get it out to you. Thank you all so much for any help you can give.

It's been a while, I had same issue. I did two things went into BIOS and adjusted a setting or
two(you'll know it when you're on the right line), and went into windows power settings and
increased the time before monitor shut off. Anyway, I think it was the BIOS adjustment that
worked.

Tom

ACE29720

Honorable
Feb 3, 2013
What settings did you tweak? I see some that are related to waking but not sure which. I actually manually turn my monitor off each time I get up so it's not a power and/or timing thing really. I just don't understand how this could randomly start happening and require any changes in BIOS.

If you turn off the monitor when leaving then you should set power saving mode (on the monitor ) to none.

ACE29720

Honorable
Feb 3, 2013
The monitor isn't set to go into a power save state. If I leave it for a short time it's fine. It's just when it's long enough for my wireless keyboard/mouse to go to sleep. I can wake that all up np but the screen just won't load.

Windows has known issues with sleep mode. Just don't use it. If this is a power saving issue turn it to none. Sorry I can't be more helpful.