Want to get my GPU up and running again. Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fsg28

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2009
My computer worked fine for 5 years until recently my motherboard ASUS P5NE-SLI went dead. So, I just got a new one; GIGABYTE GA-G41M-Combo.

--->[ISSUE]:- Now, when i install the graphics drivers for Nvidia Geforce 9400GT-512 MB and reboot, it crashes at the Windows 7 Welcome screen. Also, the "Starting Windows" caption under the Win 7 logo during the startup appears a bit wavy. The computer works fine with the onboard graphics though.

I tried the old as well as the latest Nvidia drivers. Also performed a clean installation using Driver Sweeper. Still no luck.

I just want to get my graphics card up and running again. Please help.

Other Tech Specs:
Intel Core 2 Duo 4300 1.8 Ghz
2GB DDR2 RAM
PSU 500W

fsg28

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2009

As i have mentioned earlier, the Windows works fine with the onboard VGA.
It just doesnt work with my GPU.

fsg28

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2009

Worked, but not Solved yet.

[Worked]:- Motherboard drivers were already updated but not BIOS. Flashed the BIOS, installed latest Nvidia drivers and it worked. It did not crash at the windows "Welcome" screen and it worked fine until a new problem arose.

[Not Solved]:- If i shutdown and turn off the PC from the the mains AC socket where the power plug is connected and then switch it on, it's back to square one. It again crashes at the "Welcome" screen. So basically after installing the Nvidia drivers, i cannot turn off the mains power plug even after the shutdown.

Help? and Thanks a lot Mahisse.

fsg28

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2009

Ok. I cannot install Windows 7 with my GPU connected. It crashes during the final "Completing Installation" step where the monitor turns off and windows tries to reconfigure screen resolution.

So i removed the GPU; Installed Windows 7 correctly with onboard graphics; Updated latest motherboard drivers; BIOS is already flashed; Then i plugged in my GPU in the PCI-E slot; Installed Nvidia drivers; Restart; Crash at the "Welcome" screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.