Edimax 6200n with Draytek Virgor 120

khobbs_uk

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2011
Hi,

I have a strange problem with a Virgor 120 Ethernet ADSL modem talking to a Edimax 6200n router.

The ethernet modem is actually a true ethernet modem, that is controlled by the router directly (Edimax 6200n), the ISP log on details are entered into the router not the modem!

However the router is not seeing this modem at all , I have tried everything, I even tried a different router and that did work!, I have updated firmware on both, the modem is new, wondered if any one has had this problem with the same or similar setup, MTU has been changed as directed by my ISP, and the router is said to be needed setup as PPPOE which it is, and the modem is set as described by my ISP, but again, the modem in this case does not have any where to put ISP log on details in due by design, the router does this, any help will be great.

Thanks

can the ISP log on details be entered into the modem?

if so you might have to change the LAN IP of your router to something like 192.168.5.1 and set the WAN side of the router to Automatic (DHCP)

khobbs_uk

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2011
hi,

no the modem does not have to need log on details, in fact it doesn't have it at all, as its a true Ethernet modem that the router can control, the router that works with it does pick it up with no problems, but not the newer modem, its a strange one tbh :(