Unable to get 3 Displays to work?

cmcfalls2

Honorable
Feb 3, 2013
Greetings,

I am new to this forum but am hoping I can get an answer to a problem I am having.

I manage the media ministries at our church and our current setup is an HP Pavilion HPE h8-1250. It has an AMD Radeon 7570 video card installed. We have been running two monitors just fine; two Acer s231hl's, one through HDMI and another through DVI.

Recently we went through an AV upgrade that included the addition of a projector. In order to get it hooked up, we dropped down to one monitor (DVI) and used the HDMI output from the computer for the projector. Since the AMD 7570 has three outputs (HDMI, DVI, and Displayport) that left the Displayport available for use. Ideally, I would like to use two monitors and the projector as a third, one on each output. So, I ordered a displayport to HDMI adapter cable (this one here -> http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004C9P9TM/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i02 ).

However, using this cord I am only able to get two monitors working together; any combination of the two works fine. But, when I add the third monitor, I cannot get it to work. When I try to activate the third monitor I get an error message that says "Unable to save display settings." Windows recognizes that something is connected, but will not let me activate it.

I have updated my drivers and cannot get it to work. As I said, ANY combination of two work, but the projector HAS to use the HDMI output.

I Googled around and came across a thread here that mentioned using an Active Displayport adapter instead of a passive one (like this one http://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-DP2DVIS-DisplayPort-Active-Adapter/dp/B004SUO1GM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1359928721&sr=8-1&keywords=active+displayport+adapter )

I am not sure the need for an active adapter, but will this solver my problem?

abCasPeRR

Honorable
Jun 6, 2012

You need a Active adapter because a adaptive adapter coverts the display port into a DVI/HDMI or whatever else you have. In your case youll need the active adapter to convert the display port into a DVI connection as DVI uses dual-link. So to answer your question about it solving your problem, yes it should.