Sign in with
Your question

GTX 660--ASUS, EVGA, or Gigabyte?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 3, 2013 8:49:46 PM

I'm set on the 660 so now I need to figure out what brand to get. A friend told me EVGA is the best since he's always used them and they don't cause any problems, but the non-reference models seem to have better cooling. That's why I have been leaning a little towards EVGA's FTW Signature 2 or ASUS with their DirectCU II system. Gigabyte also has a non-reference design but it looks sort of thrown together. I'd also like it to be quiet, and I've heard ASUS makes the quietest cards. Any suggestions?
a c 81 U Graphics card
a b Ĉ ASUS
February 3, 2013 9:04:37 PM

whats ur budget and country of origin.

m
l
February 3, 2013 9:14:38 PM

I'm from the United States. And my budget is < $240
m
l
Related resources
February 3, 2013 9:19:37 PM

Thanks. It was the one I was looking at already. :)  Quick question, are the non-reference coolers really necessary? To me there doesn't seem to be a need for them unless you're overclocking, which I probably won't need to do.
m
l
a c 81 U Graphics card
a b Ĉ ASUS
February 3, 2013 9:29:09 PM

no, but evga has a great warranty and customer service thats why i recommanded it ;P

m
l
February 4, 2013 12:57:40 AM

ozzman1997 said:
Thanks. It was the one I was looking at already. :)  Quick question, are the non-reference coolers really necessary? To me there doesn't seem to be a need for them unless you're overclocking, which I probably won't need to do.

Usually, non-reference card features better layout, components and cooling design. Most of card makers produced factory overclocked solution. you can consider GIGABYTE GTX 660. It looks there is a decent offer on Newegg.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
m
l
a b U Graphics card
February 4, 2013 1:09:19 AM

Non reference coolers will have like bill9803 said better board layout. Better cooling and a more silence computing experience. Again it will also allow for better overclocks.
m
l
a c 81 U Graphics card
a b Ĉ ASUS
February 4, 2013 3:25:47 AM

meh, evga has top quality and one of the best service u can get.

m
l
!