Biostar A85W compatible graphics cards? Around $150 budget

thespotlite

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2013
Hello everyone!
I just built my first computer and was wondering which graphics card I should buy. I can't spend a fortune, maybe up to $150 for a starter card. I really just want to play Borderlands 2 as close to high settings as I can get, and Skyrim on 30fps (if possible). I've been doing a lot of reading, but I'm not exactly tech savvy when it comes to picking the right piece for my rig. Specs are as follows:

Motherboard: Biostar HI-FI A85W
CPU: AMD FM2 A10-5800k 3.8GHZ
RAM: 4GB DDR3
PSU: 600W (Not sure of the brand or other specs. The guy at the computer store said it fit my budget. Box is red, black, and white and says "Stability Power; Intel P4 & AMD CPU Full Support.)
HDD: 1TB

Thank you for your help! I can play Borderlands 2 on "okay" settings right now, but I want a smooth, fast, experience on Pandora!

EXTRA INFO BELOW:
APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: This week
BUDGET RANGE: Around $150
USAGE: Gaming. Mostly Borderlands 2, Skyrim, and Battlefield 3
PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: Newegg or wherever I can buy a card with the best deal and fast
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: USA
OVERCLOCKING: Sure. Don't know how to do it now, but I might want to later on
SLI OR CROSSFIRE: Sorry, not sure on this

Bromeh

Honorable
Dec 6, 2012

Did you know that you already have a "good" graphics card in the processor ? You should try it before going to buy a card. If it's not enough, i heard that you can crossfire the graphic card that is integrated in the processor with another one.

- The Brownie

thespotlite

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2013
Thanks for the response Bromeh!

I remember the computer tech at the store telling me something along the same lines. But for some reason, I'm not seeing what I was lead to believe. Borderlands 2 is playable, but I was hoping for less jagged lines and a higher fps. Sometimes it can feel a little laggy.

Skyrim on first boot up detected "high" settings for my rig, but it was unbelievably laggy to the point where I couldn't play. I tried medium and low after that, but even on low it wasn't smooth gameplay.

Did I miss something? Is there some sort of setup or overclocking that I need to do to get the gameplay that I desire?

thespotlite

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2013
Thanks again, Bromeh!

After a little bit of reading, I went and bought the 7770 (from Best Buy because I lack this thing called patience when it comes to my gaming performance haha). Everything skyrocketed! I can play Borderlands 2 on max settings and Skyrim on high, all on max HD resolution. So for now, I am satisfied until the next big powerful game comes out that I would like to play. I'm guessing I'm going to need to upgrade my PSU and then ram next.

Anyways, thanks for the help!