Hellow. I just built my first computer, so I'm really new to computer hardware. My problem is that When I'm playing either of the two graphically intensive games I've got so far (witcher 2 and Crysis warhead) I'm experiencing these instant crashes. The strange thing is that they happen without any warning. I'll play for 10-15 minutes at 60 fps on super high settings without any problems at all, and then boom - I get a short loud crackle sound in my headphones, then silence, my keyboard goes dead (I can tell because it's backlit, and the lights go out) shift-control-escape has no effect, and nothing moves.
I'll list my specs in a sec, but I guess I'm looking for some way to troubleshoot the problem. Since I'm so new to high-end gaming and hardware in general I don't know how to go about investigating the issue. I realize the problem could be just about anything... any tips would be greatly appreciated. what would be the first thing you would do in this situation?
let's see.... I've got
- intel i7 3770k quad-core
- corsair hydro series H100 liquid CPU cooler
- Nvidia GTX 680 signature (2Gb vid-ram)
- windows 7 home premium
- corsair enthusiast TX 850watt PSU
- 16 GB DDR3 corsair ram (4 sticks)
- An OCZ 128 GB SSD (I've got a bigger HDD on the way)
- a gigabyte motherboard... I'll have to update later with the product code. It's a micro-atx (which in retrospect was a mistake for my first time building a computer.)