8th Gen Longevity

MahtXL

Honorable
Jan 29, 2013
So with my current 550ti 1gb card, and quad core cpu. Could i game until the end of the 8th gen at 1920by1080 low to medium with around 60ish fps? Or should i think about going after the 650ti OC Edition from ASUS? Possibly even the 660, or 660ti. (Im very cash limited) 200 for a gfx card is about as high as id like to go. Keep in mind right now on my current rig i get 60 fps in FC3 on medium 1080p, 60ish fps in Crysis 2 on the lowest settings it has which is 'high' and 40 to 50 fps on low in Crysis 3 (although i dont expect every game of the 8th gen to be as demanding as Cry 3) So whats the verdict? Keep my 550ti, or go for the 650 ti OC, or even consider the 660? Keep in mind very cash limited, making 80 bucks every 2 weeks.

(ALSO. please dont spam with get this Radeon card, or get that Radeon card- Opinions or Nvidia Only please.)

cuecuemore

Distinguished
I wouldn't count on being able to buy a budget graphics card that would be able to carry you through a generation of consoles that haven't even been released yet (I can't take the Wii U seriously [or any console, but whatever]). Many games won't be as demanding as Crysis 3, but many will be much more demanding (if the beta is any indication, Crysis 3 is not the face-melter that Crytek hyped). I'd just hold onto your 550 ti until you can't take it anymore and then grab the best GPU you can get for the money at some future date, a couple GPU gens from now.

MahtXL

Honorable
Jan 29, 2013

If i couldnt get atleast 45 fps on low 1080p id have to get a new gpu. I really hate going below 1920 by 1080. Thats really my only requirement, runs smooth and is 1080p. I dont need to go overload with phys x or DX 11 or all that fancy crap. So far ive had no issues with any game running lower then 50. So i guess im sort of safe :p