Asus GTX 680 Fan Speed capped at 60%?

Status
Not open for further replies.

viper0hr

Honorable
Apr 12, 2012
So I have had this card sine the week that they were release (http://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/GTX6802GD5/) an Asus Gtx 680-2GB and have always had a fan speed cap of 59% and figured like the voltage clock cap it was added by the factory. I was doing some research today to try and overclock my card a little (Never done it before) and it seems that everyone else I can find has a GTX 680 with the fan caped at 80%, not 60% like mine.

I haven't had any trouble with temperature, with my card staying <60C on Highest settings available (ultra, anti-alasting x16, ect) for all games, but playing games like Sleeping Dogs on all highest (ONLY with AA at highest as well, second highest AA works fine with temp <60) has my card at 90C with fan capped at 59%.

I have my fan curve set right, and mainly want to know two things.

Does anyone else have a fan cap at this level onto their cards?
or
Does anyone know of a WORKING fan cap unlocker for these cards?

Any help is GREATLY appreciated people!!!

Also, I did search the web as well as the forums here before posting.

aanubhav93

Honorable
Feb 7, 2013
well my flatmate has a msi gtx 680 lightning edition,his fan speed are at generally 30% but under load automatically adjust accordingly. You can try manually capping your fan speed using nvidia control panel or msi afterburner.

viper0hr

Honorable
Apr 12, 2012

I have GPU tweak and my fan set up. The card has the fan speed capped at 60% for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.