Overclocking HD 6670?

markus843

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013
I have a Saphire Ultimate HD 6670 GDDR5 with 1GB. This is the card with no fan but a giant heatsink. It keeps stock clocks at 35 degrees on idle and 65 under load. I have really good ventilation in my case also. I'm new to overclocking and I want to overclock my GPU. I heard amd overdrive is good? or msi after burn? Also, do I need to do anything in my BIOS? I tried googling this for my card but couldn't find anything.
Thanks.

zpwslayer

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2012
I wouldn't bother trying to oc that card. Without a fan its going to get super hot in a hurry. I use msi afterburner to oc my card. Even if you did oc it and it stayed at a decent temp, your probably not going to get the result your looking for.

G

Use AMD Overdrive in Catalyst center first, test in 10Mhz steps until you reach limit, your card will get hot fast due to no Active cooling, do not let it go above 90 Degrees for long term use, 85 is pretty much top long term use.

Chibinho

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
Well, use the AMD overdrive. I have one setup with a 6670 1GB DDR3, and it's maxed out in the Overclocking Settings. 100Mhz Extra for the GPU and MHz Extra for the Memory. That's the max that AMD overdrive allows, and it's the max that i Recommend. Because even after you try to Use Msi Afterburner, when you Go beyond that 100Mhz Extra, the Carl will fail, freezing or Showing Artifacts. BUt the MHz aren't Really Worth it. The increase in Performance isn't Much.

markus843

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013

How much better is it? And do you know how much it will shorten the life of the graphic card?

Chibinho

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012

Sorry, took long to acess a pc for more than 10 minutes. it may shorten, but i wouldn't worry about that. And the Perforance boost is barely Noticeable. 5, 6 fps tops.