BSOD while playing Team Fortress 2

callmedc

Honorable
Dec 24, 2012
(not sure if this is the right section, if not I'm sorry)
Hey guys, I'd appreciate some help since this problem that's been worrying me. I got my laptop 2 months ago (I think) and I used to have BSOD while playing Minecraft and COD. I updated my drivers and I never had a BSOD again with these games. I started playing A LOT of TF2 in the past week and I've had 3 BSOD so far.
Here's a link of the screenshot I took
(the three bugs in the upper part are the ones I had with TF2)

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=52xfmo&s=6

I'd like to know if I can do anything to fix this. Oh and is my BSOD occurrence something worrying? Should I take my laptop to FNAC?(where I bought it)
If you want more screenshots or info tell me.

SPECS :
i7 3612qm quad core 2.1 ghz
Radeon HD 7670m
4GB RAM

callmedc

Honorable
Dec 24, 2012

Ahm, yes I do. Do you think it is the source of the problem?

eightdrunkengods

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2011
Possibly. It's kind of a long explanation. Punkbuster has a serious incompatibility with a lot of common utilities like Rivatuner or any other GPU monitoring or tweaking software.

Uninstall Punkbuster and see if that solves your problem.

callmedc

Honorable
Dec 24, 2012

Alright, I'll try that out.

callmedc

Honorable
Dec 24, 2012

I think I know what was the problem: overheating. While I'm playing TF2 my computer goes up to 80º C. I'm going to buy a cooler and hopefully blue screens will stop. Thanks anyway man!

DEY123

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2011
I had this issue on a desktop quite some time ago. I saw I was getting like 200+FPS because TF2 is not very demanding (this was on a 9800GT). I turned on Vsnych and never had an issue again. Just something to try if you see you are getting huge FPS (check with fraps). This will keep your heat down as it won't push your card to a huge level that is probably not needed.