• Gtx
  • Nvidia
  • AMD
  • Radeon
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 4, 2013 4:02:52 PM

Hello,
I am looking to invest in a new graphics card. I mostly have been eyeing the GTX 690 from Nvidia. But I have an AMD proccesor and AMD motherboard. Ive heard that AMD works better with its brand name stuff and people say the Radeon 7970 is pretty good. which should I get?

More about : amd radeon 7970 nvidia gtx 690

February 4, 2013 4:23:16 PM

your first mistake was getting an amd processor and motherboard. Its been made pretty clear in the forums that intel is better for gaming. that being said, you should make sure that your amd hardware wont bottleneck anything, and it probably wont matter what you get if you are fine in that dept. Id personally wait for the titan coming out at the end of this month.
m
l
February 4, 2013 4:40:36 PM

pentiumradeon said:
your first mistake was getting an amd processor and motherboard. Its been made pretty clear in the forums that intel is better for gaming. that being said, you should make sure that your amd hardware wont bottleneck anything, and it probably wont matter what you get if you are fine in that dept. Id personally wait for the titan coming out at the end of this month.

I thought AMD was made for gaming. And what is the Titan?
m
l
February 6, 2013 4:05:44 PM

tjbalpha47 said:
Hello,
I am looking to invest in a new graphics card. I mostly have been eyeing the GTX 690 from Nvidia. But I have an AMD proccesor and AMD motherboard. Ive heard that AMD works better with its brand name stuff and people say the Radeon 7970 is pretty good. which should I get?

the AMD competitor for NVIDIA gtx 690 would be the amd hd7990 a 6gb monster
but since the next gpu's are almost out in the market i would sugest you toi wait 1 or 2 months
m
l
!