Graphics card not displaying anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.

germas369

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013
Hi everyone, I am very new to this website :hello: and I just came across a big problem, I have built my Rig a while ago (about 3/4 months ago) I have i5 3570k, My GPU is HD 7850 and my Mobo is Asus p8z77-v pro. I have 1 TV in my room and a monitor that i use for my PC but because my PC monitor is a bit too small to watch movies, I hook up my TV because its bigger, usually when I connect my PC monitor back it normally works. But yesterday I was watching a movie when it finished I unconnected the TV and connected the Monitor and suddenly nothing would come up, The monitor is working fine but its just black. So I tried my TV and guess what THAT DIDNT WORK EITHER! I was really depressed so I took out the graphics card and tried it with integrated graphics and it was working fine, with the TV AND the monitor. I cleaned every slot on my mobo, I checked if all the cables were connected, even my Graphics card PSU cable was connected. I went through the BIOS to check what is the display set to and it was on "Auto" so i set it to PCI-E and when i tried it with my GPU in, nothing worked. I have been planning in getting a GTX 660 Ti before this happened as I am getting problems when im playing games but I just cant find a solution. I did a bit of research and people said I need to replace RAM and do other things, but I did everything and nothing worked. At the moment I am on Integrated graphics so it sucks because I cant play games or such.

Please someone help me Im really frustrated, because all I did is swapped and swapped back the two screens. Is it a GPU failure? Should I buy a new one?
Please help! Thank you!

Solution
sounds like a gpu failure. i would try it in another computer first. if you dont have another one around that it will fit in try family/friends.

then RMA that bastard if it still dont work in another computer. easy process, just follow the manufacturers shipping instructions to the letter. they are super picky. but if you do that right they will fix/replace it with no problem.
unless its out of warranty but thats unlikely cuz they have only been out a year.

farrengottu

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2011
sounds like a gpu failure. i would try it in another computer first. if you dont have another one around that it will fit in try family/friends.

then RMA that bastard if it still dont work in another computer. easy process, just follow the manufacturers shipping instructions to the letter. they are super picky. but if you do that right they will fix/replace it with no problem.
unless its out of warranty but thats unlikely cuz they have only been out a year.

Solution

germas369

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013

yes it does, it turns on but nothing on the screen, and when the transition happens between the "Asus mobo logo" and the Windows startup logo the screen flashes. So im assuming the GPU knows what its doing but it just cant show the display?

Status
Not open for further replies.