Live streaming

stevenk92

Distinguished
May 10, 2011
I'm playing on streaming live from my pc. Does the bandwidth of the video card matter? Can video capture cards make a difference?

*I have 1 rig that I will be gaming on and I am going to have a 2nd pc to do everything for the stream.

Soda-88

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2011
Video card performance doesn't matter for streaming. I wouldn't bother with 2nd PC if you already don't have it.
Best streaming setup atm is a single PC with i7 3930K and a 2nd monitor to have your streaming software such as Xsplit on. Cheaper option would be i7 3770K or i5 3570K. I wouldn't go below that.
This is for 1080p streaming.

Edit: Forgot to say, if you're going to end up with 2nd PC dedicated to streaming, you won't require powerful CPU since your capture card will already do the hard part that is video compression. I'm not familiar with such streaming option though, so do some research if your streaming software of choice even supports streaming content directly from your capture card.

stevenk92

Distinguished
May 10, 2011

Thank you very much for your response. I do not currently have a 2nd pc. My primary computer rig is http://pcpartpicker.com/p/uJuS I do not know how to overclocking so these are all stock settings.

TRENDING THREADS