Windows 7 crashed cant boot

Hello,
during the night yesterday my computer crashed, i can't boot it at all. keeps giving me video signal errors, but when I use a linux live dvd, everything works fine, so it is only windows7 that is the problem... I tried using the W7 installation disc but the recovery and restore functions are not working either.
6 answers Last reply
More about windows crashed boot
  1. remove and reinstall card in computer then restart see if windows find the card
  2. Does pressing "F8" during boot and going to "Safe Mode". Use System Restore.

Have you tried using a different video card or integrated graphics?

If that doesn't work, you can always do a fresh Windows Install. Windows 7 will install without reformatting move all your files to a folder called "Windows.old". That's faster than most troubleshooting if it's just a software error.
  3. Do you have a dedicated video card?
    If so, then try un-installing the drivers for it. Have you updated them recently?
  4. OP, I'm closing this tab in my browser since you're not replying. Send me a PM if you come back.
  5. dalauder said:
    Does pressing "F8" during boot and going to "Safe Mode". Use System Restore.

Have you tried using a different video card or integrated graphics?

If that doesn't work, you can always do a fresh Windows Install. Windows 7 will install without reformatting move all your files to a folder called "Windows.old". That's faster than most troubleshooting if it's just a software error.

I tried to re-install Windows 7 without reformatting in order to safe my files (many of which were not backed-up) but it said it can't find the hard-drive. Do you know if I can extract the files on my hard-drive and copy them to an external hard-drive, without using my computer?

The local computer shop told me that if they do a recovery of my files, there is a minimum charge of $180.
  6. It might be be due to the following issues:

1. Hardware incompatibilities
    2. Driver issues
    3. Repair Windows Registry
    4. Malware
    5. Antivirus programs
    6. Bugs in applications

Perform the following tasks::

Scan your computer with an antivirus
    Apply De-fragmentation on your system
    Delete all temporary files
    Run disc clean up