Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Disabling NVidia control panel from making one of the card a PhysX

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a b U Graphics card
February 5, 2013 6:44:27 AM

Hey guys. I'm wondering how to disable the nvidia control panel from making one of my cards just for PhysX use. I want to have full SLI and not one for PhysX and other for horsepower. And I don't want to make my CPU handle the PhysX either. Thanks for the help.
a b U Graphics card
February 5, 2013 7:04:17 AM

Some PhysX will always using CPU, it depending how the game coded (engine used) so not much it can be done there....

for full SLI, no advice since never tried SLI....

Score

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
February 5, 2013 7:18:26 AM

hero1 said:
Hey guys. I'm wondering how to disable the nvidia control panel from making one of my cards just for PhysX use. I want to have full SLI and not one for PhysX and other for horsepower. And I don't want to make my CPU handle the PhysX either. Thanks for the help.

Two things you can try.

1) Look up simple code lines for the game you are playing and see if you can turn PhysX off in that application. One example that I use myself is "GPUphysics = 0" under "rendering" preferences in Planet Side 2 (because hundreds of explosions and people would be death to my GPU.) (You would set Physx to GPU then disable via game code in useroptions.ini

2) Uninstall PhyX (not recommended) because it could cause compatibility issues, however if it did mess up, just reinstall the current drivers and it will fix it.
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
February 5, 2013 8:12:49 AM

Can't you just turn it off in game?
Score
a b U Graphics card
February 5, 2013 5:22:55 PM

I guess I can just turn it off when gaming as I did yesterday just annoying that I can't turn it off through the control panel itself. They shouldn't be forcing this crap on people.
Score
a b U Graphics card
February 5, 2013 5:23:16 PM

Best answer selected by hero1.
Score
February 5, 2013 5:28:29 PM

the dedicated card for physx does not mean it will do the phsyx stuff only. It will work in sli mode with card handling physx load too.
Score
a b U Graphics card
February 5, 2013 5:28:31 PM

in the nvidia control panel select maximize 3d performance for sli and in physx select cpu
Score
!