Disabling NVidia control panel from making one of the card a PhysX

Status
Not open for further replies.

hero1

Distinguished
May 9, 2012
Hey guys. I'm wondering how to disable the nvidia control panel from making one of my cards just for PhysX use. I want to have full SLI and not one for PhysX and other for horsepower. And I don't want to make my CPU handle the PhysX either. Thanks for the help.

Solution

Two things you can try.

1) Look up simple code lines for the game you are playing and see if you can turn PhysX off in that application. One example that I use myself is "GPUphysics = 0" under "rendering" preferences in Planet Side 2 (because hundreds of explosions and people would be death to my GPU.) (You would set Physx to GPU then disable via game code in useroptions.ini

2) Uninstall PhyX (not recommended) because it could cause compatibility issues, however if it...

robax91

Distinguished

Two things you can try.

1) Look up simple code lines for the game you are playing and see if you can turn PhysX off in that application. One example that I use myself is "GPUphysics = 0" under "rendering" preferences in Planet Side 2 (because hundreds of explosions and people would be death to my GPU.) (You would set Physx to GPU then disable via game code in useroptions.ini

2) Uninstall PhyX (not recommended) because it could cause compatibility issues, however if it did mess up, just reinstall the current drivers and it will fix it.

Solution

hero1

Distinguished
May 9, 2012
I guess I can just turn it off when gaming as I did yesterday just annoying that I can't turn it off through the control panel itself. They shouldn't be forcing this crap on people.

Status
Not open for further replies.