Sign in with
Your question
Solved

(Need help)Gigabyte GTX 670 vs PNY GTX 670

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 5, 2013 6:58:18 AM

I'm finishing up wth my custom build finally, but I just can't decide on which GPU to buy. I want to use a Nvidia GPU. I am stuck between the Gigabyte GTX 670 2GB or the PNY GTX 670 2GB. They are both around the same price range. I am willing to spend up to $400 for the GPU. I'll most likely be playing in 1920x1080 resolution. I am leaning toward the Gigabyte model, but I am just not sure if the Gigabyte 670 is really going to be much of an advantage over the cheaper PNY model. Also, if anyone has any other suggestions for a GPU under $400, then I am open to suggestions as long as they are Nvidia cards. Here are some of my specs below.

Mobo: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard
CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor
PSU: Corsair Professional 650W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply

If any more information is needed, please let me know. Added info: I am considering overclocking in the future, considering I got the 3570K CPU. Thanks for the help.

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
February 5, 2013 7:17:53 AM

Well, the only 2 points i'd suggest considering is:
1- The PCB of the card (some 670s are built on 680s PCB which is better). In this case i really don't know if any of the cards you mentioned has 680 PCB.
2- The cooling solution on the card. In this case, Gigabyte uses very efficient solutions on their cards and much better than PNY in noise and cooling.

Gigabyte one is actually recommended by Tom's. You can read the full article here:
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-670-tes...
a c 79 U Graphics card
February 5, 2013 7:37:33 AM

Out of those two, I'd go with the Gigabyte. That being said, the EVGA FTW Signature 2 is about the best around. (Great cooling and does have a 680 PCB along with upgraded quality NAND.)
Related resources
February 5, 2013 8:21:55 AM

DarkSable said:
Out of those two, I'd go with the Gigabyte. That being said, the EVGA FTW Signature 2 is about the best around. (Great cooling and does have a 680 PCB along with upgraded quality NAND.)

Ill take a look at it. Might reconsider my options if its in my $400 price range. Thanks a lot.
February 7, 2013 6:24:53 AM

GIGABYTE GV-N670OC-2GD should be best one. It's a factory overclocked card and built with the same layout of N680 card. After rebate, the pricing is around $10 higher than PNY. why not.
February 7, 2013 6:31:22 AM

out of the 2 i would go with gigabyte as their rma is and quality factoris excellent just in case. I agree with darksable evga is the way to go for nvidia cards excellent service warranty extension program and step up program are awesome.
February 13, 2013 11:42:08 PM

Best answer selected by OpKey.
!