Sign in with
Your question

Mouse lag...

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a b U Graphics card
February 5, 2013 11:30:31 AM

Hi everyone, I'll keep this short and sweet...

First let me apologise for posting this under Graphics cards, but I thought I might get more relevant responses here.

Below are my system specs:

CPU - AMD FX-8120 OC'd to 4.2Ghz
GPU - Gigabyte Nvidia GeForce GTX 670 OC'd
RAM - 16Gb Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz
SSD - Intel 520 series 180Gb (Boot drive)
HDD - Seagate Barracuda 1Tb 7,200Rpm
Mobo - Asus m5a78l-m/usb3
OS Windows 8 64-bit
PSU - Corsair CX600 600W

Heres my problem:

When using my PC, I experience regular mouse lag, as in when i move the mouse, the curser on screen lags out and jumps/skips over the screen. I have no idea what is wrong. I have updated all my drivers, and uninstalled the old ones, so there are none conflicting. I have also replaced parts of my system and the mouse lag continues. The bits I have replaced are:

GPU
PSU
SSD (Boot drive)
Wireless card
OS (Upgraded from W7 to W8)

I am soon going to be upgrading my CPU and Mobo, so I can try and see of this will fix the problem, as this would mean that I have replaced all major parts of my PC except from the RAM.

Please can someone suggest a fix? Or could it be my CPU/Mobo/RAM?

Thanks for your time.

P.S. To the intel fanboys out there, Please dont start saying that it is because I have an AMD CPU. I dont deny Intel are better, but AMD also make excellent CPU's

More about : mouse lag

February 5, 2013 11:33:29 AM

Hi

What type of mouse are you using? Wired or Wireless? Make and model.
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
February 5, 2013 1:13:03 PM

Have you tried different USB ports?
a b U Graphics card
February 5, 2013 1:28:09 PM

I sure have. All 16 of them. lol.
a b U Graphics card
February 5, 2013 2:44:25 PM

So did this start happening right after you built the computer?
February 5, 2013 3:07:53 PM

There could be some interference. Make sure the usb receiver is in front of the case if possible. I have had many problems with mouse lag on wireless mice. Try to keep the receiver away from other usb accesories. Do you have a wireless keyboard as well? I had problems with my mouse when it was too close to the wireless keyboard.
a b U Graphics card
February 5, 2013 3:21:40 PM

@ wanderer11

No, It started happening about a month later. I had not replaced any hardware by this time, or done any overclocking.

@ dgriffs

Thats a good point actually, I currently have the reciever plugged into the vack of my PC. I'll try moving it when I get back. I have no other Wireless things in my room apart from the wifi hub, obviously. But thats well away from the PC. Really? the keyboard can interfere? Well i never. I'll try taking the batteries out of the keyboard as well before I move the reciever and see if that helps.
a b U Graphics card
February 6, 2013 9:05:20 AM

Hi again everyone!

Last night I tied moving the reciever to the front of my PC, and for now it seems to have solved the problem. However it is too soon to tell as sometimes I wont get mouse lag for a couple of days. I'll update this reply on Friday if I can.

Thanks for the help guys!
a b U Graphics card
February 8, 2013 6:11:42 AM

Hi again everyone, I promised an update, and here it is.

So far still no mouse lag occuring since moving the wireless reciever to the front of PC (Closer to my mouse). I still use my keyboard right next to my mouse, so I think it was just the reciever.

I think iots safe to say that this problem is now solved.

Thanks for your help guys!
!