CrossfireX with HD4870

Hello,

I am trying to CrossFire 2 Radeon HD 4870 graphics cards. I am trying to plug 2 monitors into one, and one monitor into the 2nd card (this will also be the main Crossfire monitor). However when I install the drivers with CCC only the 2 monitors respond and it comes up with "No Driver detected".

When I uninstall CCC (but don't clean drivers with DriverSweeper) all three monitors work fine in perfect resolution. There are no exclamation points in device manager unless the drivers are installed. Currently I have CCC installed but did not install the drivers with it and have no option to CrossFireX.

Any insight would be awesome!

Other specs:
Intel i5-3570K
Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H
750W PSU
4 answers Last reply
More about crossfirex hd4870
  1. You can't CF and run three monitors. You are limited to the main cards output ports.

NVidia allows it, AMD doesn't.
  2. The goal is to use all three when CF is disabled and then enable CF to only use the one monitor. It was working great about a week ago and then I had to reinstall Windows due to a boot error.
  3. I've done similar things. Drivers eventually had issues from all the ons and offs. Hope you get it working.
  4. Still working on it. Have fully uninstalled all display drivers from the computer. When installing AMD it still won't recognize though. Very strange.
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Drivers Monitors Crossfire Graphics