Tags:
  • Radeon
  • Monitors
  • AMD
  • Graphics
  • Product
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 5, 2013 3:35:13 PM

ok i have two monitors one has a response time of 14ms the other has a response time of 1ms the monitors are both ips and about 1year apart. i wondered since i have it settup in an amd eyefinity using two monitors wonder by wich response time the multi monitors would use. also what is that response time for if the refresh rate is still 60mhz

More about : monitors response times wich multi moni

a c 79 C Monitor
February 5, 2013 3:54:15 PM

There's no standard method for measuring response time that all manufacturers use, so the response times listed in the specifications are pretty much useless. Also, are you sure the 1ms one is IPS? I've only seen that specified for TN panels. However, the effective response time is inherent in the panel, unaffected by having other monitors connected to the same video card.
m
l
Related resources
a b C Monitor
a b À AMD
February 6, 2013 12:29:01 PM

WINTERLORD said:
i thought it was but you may be right im looking at them side by side its so hard to tell a difference. you can but i cant put my finger on what the difference is one for sure is ips the other is http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

yep that is a TN-panel, no doubt about it. (viewing angles are poor compared to IPS)

edit anyways, having different rated response times doesnt really matter in a multimonitor setup, the pc or video card doesn't know about that spec nor care about it. What matters are resolution and refresh rates...
m
l
a c 79 C Monitor
February 6, 2013 1:02:42 PM

Agreed. Viewing angles of 170/160 mean it's a TN panel. To see the difference for yourself, tilt the monitors back temporarily so you can view them from below. A TN panel will darken or even invert colors, whereas an IPS panel will have no color shift. Alternatively you can look at http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/viewing_angle.php across both monitors.

I would advise against using Eyefinity with only two monitors - that will mean the center of the viewing area in games is right in the middle of the bezels.
m
l
February 9, 2013 10:44:23 AM

is there another way to use two/multi monitors other then eyfinity to get my character out the middle?
m
l
a c 79 C Monitor
February 9, 2013 12:11:42 PM

Not if you want the game to strech across both monitors. If you're willing to game on one and use the other for email and such, that would work, though.
m
l
!