Seti@Home on Linux

r2k

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2001
I have a Rockwell/Conexant HCF WinModem (unfortunately!) and want to run Seti@Home on Linux. I'm dual-booting Win2K and RedHat 7.2 and have installed Seti and run it on Windows. But I want to run it on Linux with another account; I've downloaded Seti but I don't know how to get workunits for this second account. I mean the Windows client downloads files automatically: How do I get newer workunits for the other account so I can pass them to my Linux client's folder?
Short of getting a better Modem. That's at least 3 months away!

silverpig

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Download setidriver for windows, and set your cache size to 10 units (you'll download 10 work units at once, and process and return them one at a time basically). Then, log into linux, and copy the files from one of the setidriver folders into your linux setiathome directory... ./setiathome and you're away. Of course, in order to return the results, you'll have to manually copy the results back to a setidriver folder, boot windows...

Lyrics. Wasted time between solos.

r2k

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2001
I didn't know about 'setidriver'. Seems it would solve my problem and then some! Where can I get this software? It's not available on Seti@Home's official site, is it?

Edit: I searched on Google and easily found the software. Thank you very much it works like a charm! Ah and DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH DIFFERENCE IN SPEED I'M SEEING BETWEEN THE COMMAND LINE VERSION AND THE GRAPHICAL SCREEN SAVER?! IT'S JUST UNBELIEVABLE! (This happens both in Windows 2000 and Linux)