Asus Geforce GTX 660 Never going over 62 C

Romeru

Honorable
Jan 11, 2013
Hello, i have a question regarding my geforce gtx 660.

Most Graphic cards today has a temperature limit of 98 degrees. But my geforce gtx 660 never goes above 62 degrees. NEVER.

However my GPU usage looks normal. tried stressing it with MSI kombustor and it went up to 92% usage.

A 660 has a temperature limit of 98 degrees, i think. It's also overclocked. both GPU and Memory clock.

Is there a reason why i never go above 62 degrees? i get this temperature in pretty much all games. What i'm worried about is if this draws back my FPS.

Any comments are appreciated.

I would just say that your card is really good at keeping your chip really nice and cold. I don't think there is anything wrong with that. Whatever you are doing isn't putting an amount of pressure to push your card beyond 62 degrees. If you ran furmark for 10-15 minutes you would probably see it go over that point but honestly you are just fine man good temps good card enough said :)

Romeru

Honorable
Jan 11, 2013
I downloaded furmark and got 62 celcius :p . I don't think i've ever gone above that. ran a stress test at 1080 p with antialaising x8. I can't overclock it any further because that causes driver crashes and renders artifacts.

Anyway i always want to make sure that there aren't any problems that could cause issues with the framerate.

Thanks for comment. I'm still however going to look this up, if there's a reason why i never go above this temperature. :)

sykozis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
@JackNaylorPE: If he's using a GTX660....he'll never get the boost clock to 1300 and memory to 6900+ as the card's TDP is very close to it's supplied power at stock.

@Romeru, your card is just fine. Furmark and Kombustor are the same program. You should be happy that your card peaks at 62C.