Wireless better then wired w/ downlods?

hystr

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2011
Ok so my internet is faster with wired than wireless but with downloads wireless is faster than wired including with wired i get significantly more download timeouts than wireless. i am using 50ft cat6 cable connected to a dlink 524 router and the other end is connected to my fatality mobo. own and my desktop is wired with cat6 to a desktop) and my wireless is on my laptop a asus k52f i have IDM for both computers. And avast security on my laptop and norton 2012 on my desktop (60 day trial). So if someone could help with this i will be very thankful.

hystr

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2011
ok i will try that tomorrow because i already started to download something the cause for this post was a iso i rar'ed then split, a backup of my c drive each one is 8 gbs i used a buddy's accountant on cramit.in he is now away in Africa on business for 2 months so i cant use his account for premium downloading and there is a 20 hour wait time i already download my last part is was 5 gb. basically from this i think if i can get a faster transfer rate quicker the download and faster it will be so the chance of getting a timeout error is lessened or i some how find a way to keep my internet streaming. because it never timeouts will i'm surfing the web but when i leave it alone keeping it on using a third part program called caffeine it timeouts