Fresh install of 7 home premium, wont connect to wifi

Hi all,
I have a compaq presario v2000 that i just installed windows 7 hope premium on (did a full hdd wipe, and reinstall windows)

Windows 7 wireless connection manager can see all available wifi connections, but will not connect to any of them.
Ive tried this on WPA2 networks, unsecured networks at several places (my office, wendy's, mcdonald's, my home, etc)

i dont think it's the internal wifi card, as I could connect to those networks ok before the wipe/reload.

I'm thinking it's a driver issue, but it's using the WHCL driver dated 2009 that is included in Windows 7, and I've not been able to find a more up-to-date one.

device manager shows Broadcom 802.11b/g WLAN, but not exact model number.
Compaq support site has drivers for XP & Vista only, and the Vista driver page doesn't include wifi card drivers.

anyone have any thoughts on this - fresh install of win7 home premium, wifi can see all networks, but can connect to none... :??:
2 answers Last reply
More about fresh install home premium wont connect wifi
  1. BCM94318MPG is the model of wifi card....
  2. just an update, it decided to start working all on its own.

first, let me say thanks for all the helpful replies.... :sarcastic:

i had tried swapping out WiFi cards, but the laptop will ONLY take the exact model that was in it - i even had a WiFi card of the same part number and chipset, but Dell branded. laptop would not load OS with that card. "the system has detected an unsupported wireless card. remove that card to continue."
    i also tried another wifi card, different brand and chipset, but got same message.
    it will only take the HP branded card...

but whatever, for some unknown reason the wifi started working again... worked all weekend and this morning...

weird....
Ask a new question

Read More

Connectivity Windows 7 Connection WiFi Wireless Networking