Sign in with
Your question
Solved

What's better?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 5, 2013 10:20:14 PM

Hello, I was wondering because all of my friends recently all bought new computers I would like to know if my PC is still superior!

All of my friends computers and mine are exactly the same, but the one differnce between mine and theres is I have a Radeon ATI HD 7750 1GB DDR5 and they all have an Nvidia GeForce GT 630 2GB DDR3 (Also known as a GT 440 I think) We mostly play alot of DayZ and Minecraft but unsure if my graphics card is superior or if my extra $40 wasn't worth it!

They all bought the same PC so if one of them couldn't run it then they new it was a waste of money buying the game if all four had the same PC....
But I would really appreciate it if someone could tell me if mine is still the best because they get everything better before I do and the only thin I ever have better is my computers! (Mainly because I build them myself)

Thankyou for your time reading this.

-Regards Primo

More about : question

February 5, 2013 10:23:37 PM

Ask your buddies what frame rates they are getting. And compare them to yours. That would be an easy way.
m
l

Best solution

a c 86 U Graphics card
February 5, 2013 10:24:27 PM

7750 is seven tiers higher than a gt630 ddr3 on Toms hierarchy chart so that means your card runs circles around those 630s... lol
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-car...

edit a bit more concrete chart
http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/VTX3D/Radeon_HD_7870...
7750 is twice as fast as a gt440 gddr5 (the ddr3 version is a bit slower still) on average
Related resources
February 5, 2013 10:31:48 PM

Did a little research bud. The Radeon definitely has a slight edge.

Texture fill rate:
Radeon 25,600
GT440 22,680

Pixel Fill Rate:
Radeon 12,800
GT440 12,960 difference is negligible

The radeon is also double the FLOPS and the Memory bandwidth.
If everything is exactly the same in game the radeon should pull several more fps.
m
l
a c 86 U Graphics card
February 5, 2013 10:50:00 PM

mojin7 said:

Did a little research bud. The Radeon definitely has a slight edge. ...

yeah like twice the performance
ppl who use sites like hwcompare to estimate performance differences between cards from different gens and manufacturers should be banned (or shot... preferrably both, but that might be hate crime). Theoretical specs don't tell you anything usefull about real world performance, in this case the fill rates are pretty much the same, but throughput in flops is double on the 7750, end result is the 7750 is twice as fast in real world gaming tests...
m
l
February 5, 2013 11:07:30 PM

Kari said:
yeah like twice the performance
ppl who use sites like hwcompare to estimate performance differences between cards from different gens and manufacturers should be banned (or shot... preferrably both, but that might be hate crime). Theoretical specs don't tell you anything usefull about real world performance, in this case the fill rates are pretty much the same, but throughput in flops is double on the 7750, end result is the 7750 is twice as fast in real world gaming tests...

Didn't mean to bunch up your e-panties so much bud. You are right your chart was much better then my chart... Thanks for the new bookmarks. Now I can be awesome!
m
l
February 8, 2013 11:30:43 PM

Best answer selected by Primo Flipper.
m
l
February 8, 2013 11:37:05 PM

Cheers guys! I had a LAN party recently where me and my mates all got together and tested what could be maxed out and played with the best FPS so they knew what games they should buy,and yes mine is still superior!

The main thing I saw though was running DayZ was actually easier for my mates than it was for me? Maybe a driver issue? Oh well still better then them YAY!
m
l
February 8, 2013 11:40:26 PM

"Ask your buddies what frame rates they are getting. And compare them to yours. That would be an easy way."

Yeah but some games run better with Nvidia cards then they do with Radeon and vise-versa
m
l
!