Low-power GPUs?

i have a older home pc and i've made some small upgrades already but im now looking for a Low-power GPU for under 60$ and doesnt need a power supply greater than 250 watts...my reason for upgrade from intergraded gfx is cause im tired of lag w/ Minecraft.
9 answers Last reply
More about power gpus
  1. whats ur full pc specs.
  2. AvoidingZombies said:
    i have a older home pc and i've made some small upgrades already but im now looking for a Low-power GPU for under 60$ and doesnt need a power supply greater than 250 watts...my reason for upgrade from intergraded gfx is cause im tired of lag w/ Minecraft.


    There really are not ANY GPU i can recommend that would run comfortably on a 250w PSU...
  3. Like i said its a old system lol but heres the specs

    MoBo: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c01285437

    CPU: Single-core Celeron 430 @ 1.8 GHZ

    HDD: hitachi 160 gb @ 7200 rpm

    PSU: 250 watt psu (i dont want to spend alot of money of this simple pc so, if i could pick up a cheap PSU w/ more watts for under 30$ i would)

    RAM: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820211066

    After-market Cooler: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835999010&SortField=0&SummaryType=0&PageSize=10&SelectedRating=-1&VideoOnlyMark=False&IsFeedbackTab=true#scrollFullInfo

    These are the current specs...
  4. OK wait wait wait...

    You are aware that minecraft is much more CPU dependent than Graphics dependent?

    With a Single core 1.8GHz Celeron, you really won't see much gain from a graphics card...
  5. no improvement not even w/ a cheap 40$ gfx card?
  6. AvoidingZombies said:
    no improvement not even w/ a cheap 40$ gfx card?


    Close to no improvement. Maybe a few frames, but not significant enough to spend a dime on.
  7. ahh ok well i didnt know that about minecraft...thanks for the info, learn something new everyday.
  8. AvoidingZombies said:
    ahh ok well i didnt know that about minecraft...thanks for the info, learn something new everyday.


    Pleasure, sorry for the bad news.
  9. 250w PSU?

    At best it would be a Radeon HD 6570.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards GPUs Power Supplies Power Graphics Product