Help! TCP/IP not working

SilentGuy

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2002
Help! I have a problem! I hade ZoneAlert 2.6 running. Then i uninstalled it and after that, i had no TCP/IP at all... neither could I ping hosts/IPs using my DSL conn(dialing works fine) nor ping/access pcs in my local network.
I tried to fix it by reinstalling the firewall. Now i have full access to my local network but no access to the internet :( i already tried reinstalling TCP/IP but that's no use... i also tried using my old ISDN connection that does not work either. the connection is not used at all, no incomming data, no outgoing data, when i try to use it in any way... ANY ideas?

Smilin

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2001
Add a 2nd protocol to your network like ipx/spx or something.

strip out tcp altogether

reboot

put tcp/ip back in and get it setup

remove the ipx/spx and reboot.

Also..be sure to check your bindings (advanced menu in the networking connections FOLDER...or just lookup bindings in the helpfiles).

SilentGuy

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2002
already tried that... still does not work... either the programs do nothing or they tell me that winsock is not working properly, is not offering socket etc... damn...

CALV

Distinguished
May 17, 2001
Had a similar prob after getting "infected" with new.net, in the end I removed comunications totally, removed winsock COMPLETE from registry, rebooted, reinsgtalled comunications, reinstalled tcp/ip and was fine.

If they squeeze olives to get olive oil, how do they get baby oil?

TRENDING THREADS