Sign in with
Your question

New Monitor Assitance in combo w/ Radeon 7970

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 6, 2013 7:12:23 AM

Hello all. I'm almost certain this has been asked or even answered before however I haven't had much luck in finding the answer. What I am wanting to do is simply run @ 120hz or higher on my ASUS AMD Radeon 7970. I'm not really interested in 3D just smoother video than my old 60hz monitors have given. I would like to do a multi monitor setup however I'm more interested in acheiving the 120hz rate. Visual quality is a concern as well. I don't want to shell out several hundred bucks only to downgrade my image quality in favor of speed. I currently use two diff setups.

Samsung 32" LED TV via HDMI (Bad image quality but is decent enough for movie viewing)

Dell (unknown model) non IPS 23" via DVI Dual link Decent Image Quality.

Intended Uses:

#1 Gaming FPS, RPG's, and Driving games
#2 General internet use (YouTube, basic webpages, email,etc)
#3 MuliMedia/Video viewing
#4 Image editing and webcoding

I prefer matte finishing on the display and some adjustability. Thank you all in advance for any assistance you may be able to provide.

Best Regards!
February 6, 2013 11:52:24 AM

I'm looking to buy a new monitor (not a TV) to achieve 120hz Refresh Rates. I'm looking for monitor suggestions that are known to work w/ the 7970. From all I've read there have been issues getting things to work properly. So in summary I am looking for a good performer with good image quality and that works with the 7970 cards. My apologies for not being clear with my original post.
Related resources
!