GTX 670 vs. GTX 670?

Joseph Idris

Honorable
Jan 17, 2013
Hello,

Apologies for the misleading title, I didn't know what to put there lol

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 670 OC 2048MB GDDR5 Windforce 2X Vs. ASUS GTX 670 DirectCU II 2GB GDDR5 (One is OC and the other is not right? Or I'm wrong?)

Also another question, if the card is the OC version, does that mean it's already overclocked to better performance and I won't have to do any overclocking? Like for the OC version, the stock is the OC already xD get me?

Last question..

You know there's a lot of brands for the GTX 670(MSI, Galaxy, EVGA, ASUS, Gainward, Geforce, etc) are they all the same? or there's a huge difference between a brand to another?

Thanks

(my rig: i5 3570, gtx 670, 8gb ram, z77 extreme4/z77 extreme6(cant decide yet))

Solution
First, The ASUS versions of any Nvidia based graphics card are the best of the best in my opinion. Second, the oc versions of card are basically guaranteeing you the said core clock speed and memory clock speed. Meaning, if you get a non oc version you might get a lesser oc of a card than the oc version but usually very unlikely. Third, the oc version means they made the core clock of the card higher (need verification). Fourth? Loosing count lol. All the brands are different in almost every way. They will differ in the cooling system they use to well... cool the card. They will differ on the over clocks versions clock speeds (usually). And the they differ on the warranties duration's, some being lifetime or even double lifetime (EVGA)...
First, The ASUS versions of any Nvidia based graphics card are the best of the best in my opinion. Second, the oc versions of card are basically guaranteeing you the said core clock speed and memory clock speed. Meaning, if you get a non oc version you might get a lesser oc of a card than the oc version but usually very unlikely. Third, the oc version means they made the core clock of the card higher (need verification). Fourth? Loosing count lol. All the brands are different in almost every way. They will differ in the cooling system they use to well... cool the card. They will differ on the over clocks versions clock speeds (usually). And the they differ on the warranties duration's, some being lifetime or even double lifetime (EVGA), but most have 3 years warranty

Solution

dusR

Honorable
Feb 3, 2013
Imo you should go for the gigabyte windforce edition i had a card with windforce and not only that the cooling is amazing the card with this type of cooling has alot bogger potential for overclocking you can boost it like 100mhz more for atleast and maybe even more.
Besides gigabyte does their products very well thay get ruined a lot less then asus cards still i am not saying asus is bad just saying that the gigabyte is segnifically better...

Joseph Idris

Honorable
Jan 17, 2013
Note that I'm not going to do any OVERCLOCK to CPU nor GPU.
So which one should I get? ASUS GTX 670 DirectCU II 2GB GDDR5 or Gigabyte GeForce GTX 670 OC 2048MB GDDR5 Windforce 2X? That's why I was wondering about the OC version if it's already OCed to maximum performance without me having to do anything about it lol ^^

oh and the windforce edition(one with3 fans) is 200-250 more, I cba lol since i won't be overclocking.

In no forum anywhere will it say that a Gigabyte windforce is made higher quality than a ASUS DCUII cooler. ASUS is superior in every single way by a notable margin. Gigabyte is a good brand, my second choice below ASUS. ASUS has the best customer support and cooling and overclocks for Nvidia GPU's period, end of story.

If your not going to ever overclock then get the OCed version. Go with windforce.

TheMadFapper

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012
The quality differs with every card, not necessarily with every brand. I'm sure you've heard of the silicon lottery. Obviously you wouldn't get a plain old reference card with the stock cooler when you can get an overclocked card with a better cooler for the same price.

Windforce 670 is much cooler than anything else mentioned here. Three fans and a very open shroud help that. Bad choice for SLI though.
ASUS generally has higher clocking cards but are slightly warmer.

Both good choices.

Windforce is not a cooler heatsink and fan set up than an ASUS DCUII i need some sort of evidence that the ASUS is warmer. Give me some benchmarks.

Joseph Idris

Honorable
Jan 17, 2013
guys, I'm not talking about the 3 fans 670 here, I said Windforce 2X, I dunno that's what it's called, its with two fans, and OC version, see:

http://www.egprices.com/image.php?id=17532

this is the one that I was settled to buy:

http://www.egprices.com/image.php?id=15088

@helper: I can't go with the 3X fans windforce, too much for me ^^, the 2X fans is good for the price. Same goes for the ASUS. (btw do you have an xfire? if so, add me josephidris1 plz)

so which one should I buy afterall? the ASUS? or the 2X fans windforce?

I don't have cards in crossfire . ASUS all the way.

Fopolopolos

Honorable
Aug 16, 2013
Buy the Gigabyte GTX 670 (GV-N670WF2-2GD) OC triangle cool edition. I bought this back in march for $300 and now SLI'ed them, works better than any Asus equivalent for a more fair price. Though one of mine did have something spilt on it, might have been coffee, all clean though with some Servisol and Co2. Great for folding/gaming: Calculates 180,000 Gflops in less than 15 minutes, OC'ed GPU even higher at 1200Mhz, 10 minutes (That's 50+times more powerful than my FX 8120 stock with only 40,000 Gflops in 3.50 hours) using BIONIC manager.

Don't bother buying any of the 700 series GTX's if you have a somewhat budget conscious mind and have a life, once again overpriced and only slightly better for another $100+ as the 760 is below the 670's performance and you pay $20+ more. (It's like the GTX 670 Vs the GTX 680 all over again, and plenty know the GTX 670 is way better)

Not saying Asus you suck and you should build your products on the moon, but like Apple, their stuff is over-priced for almost nothing... no reason.

Find me OCN: Jos8corehead