Closed Solved

Basically gtx 660ti or radeon 7950 w/crysis3 and bioshock

my price range is around 300 dollars. i cant decide which one to get. amd has 2 free games deal going on which are crysis 3 and bioshock infinite with purchase of radeon 7950. 2 games which i really want to play but i'm just afraid the radeon is still not worth it and gtx 660ti is still the card to get. i really dont know. Any advice will be appreciated, also please post links of gpu you recommend. thanks.
14 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about basically 660ti radeon 7950 crysis3 bioshock
  1. Hd 7950 is better than the GTX 660TI. Also you may have to overclock the hd 7950 slightly to play crysis 3 at full hd. The hd7950 with the free games is really a great deal and don't miss it. Also you can go with a hd7970 as you are already gettings 2 games with $100 for free.
    You can go for this card
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125413
  2. yes truly an unressistable offer
  3. They are very similar in performance. The only big difference is physx support. If you care about physx a lot then get the 660ti, if not the 7950 is a much better value with those games.
  4. Personally, would get the 7950 even if Bioshock and Crysis 3 weren't on offer. IMO it is the better card, especially once you start overclocking and using settings that stress the memory aspect of performance.
  5. manofchalk said:
    Personally, would get the 7950 even if Bioshock and Crysis 3 weren't on offer. IMO it is the better card, especially once you start overclocking and using settings that stress the memory aspect of performance.

    Which model should I go with. There's the gigabyte and sapphire vapor. 30 difference in price. Or do you re come things else entirely. mmend so
  6. Recommend something*
  7. Xttony said:
    Hd 7950 is better than the GTX 660TI. Also you may have to overclock the hd 7950 slightly to play crysis 3 at full hd. The hd7950 with the free games is really a great deal and don't miss it. Also you can go with a hd7970 as you are already gettings 2 games with $100 for free.
    You can go for this card
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125413

    Is there great performance difference between 7950 and 7970.
  8. Wastert67 said:
    Is there great performance difference between 7950 and 7970.


    Ofcourse but hey.. It will all comes down to your budget, if you can afford a 7970, then go. If not, stay with 7950. But I recommend you to get the 7950. Anyway your budget is $300 so better go 7950 and you'll be happy with it. Regarding the choice of gigabyte and sapphire vapor, Both are good cards, but for me, and most reviews, vaporx is a better card. If they cost the same, better go with vapor-x. But still, even a sapphire 7950 at stock speed is fine.
  9. The choice is red or green pill you must decide :). My vote for nvidia have gygabyte GTX660Ti and its is does what you pay for.
  10. http://i154.photobucket.com/albums [...] A-PCGH.png


    Something to think about . Amd keeps falling down with every new game ! It is like Nisan gtr ( nvidia ) vs ferari ( amd ) , fine tuned car vs raw power . Driver suport ( nvidia ) vs raw power mess ( amd )
  11. Best answer
    ^
    Be careful bandying about such large generalizations, your only inviting a flame war.
    Have a look at the 1920x1200 result, which is what most people will be playing at.
    http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/AMD/Catalyst_12.11_Performance/23.html
    7950 comes out on top with 3% better performance, not that great admittedly, but thats at stock settings and 7950's are known to be good overclockers. Plus free games, never a bad thing :D.

    Also stop perpetuating the myth that AMD/ATi drivers are inferior to Nvidia's, would have though 12.7 and 12.11 would have disproved that by now.

    To the OP.
    As long as you get a model from a good brand (Sapphire, Gigabyte, ASUS or MSI) you wont be disappointed. Cream of the crop would be the Sapphire Vapor-X and an MSI Lightning or Hawk card, but they are a fair bit more expensive than most cards. I would go for the Gigabyte Windforce model, as its a good middle ground between price and cooling performance.
  12. Best answer selected by wastert67.
  13. manofchalk said:
    ^
    Be careful bandying about such large generalizations, your only inviting a flame war.
    Have a look at the 1920x1200 result, which is what most people will be playing at.
    http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/AMD/Catalyst_12.11_Performance/23.html
    7950 comes out on top with 3% better performance, not that great admittedly, but thats at stock settings and 7950's are known to be good overclockers. Plus free games, never a bad thing :D.

    Also stop perpetuating the myth that AMD/ATi drivers are inferior to Nvidia's, would have though 12.7 and 12.11 would have disproved that by now.

    To the OP.
    As long as you get a model from a good brand (Sapphire, Gigabyte, ASUS or MSI) you wont be disappointed. Cream of the crop would be the Sapphire Vapor-X and an MSI Lightning or Hawk card, but they are a fair bit more expensive than most cards. I would go for the Gigabyte Windforce model, as its a good middle ground between price and cooling performance.


    thanks everyone for the information you provided and helping me decide on my gpu. i just placed order on hd 7950 vapor x. i hope i dont have any regrets. lol
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gtx Games Radeon Graphics Product