Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

New gfx card or not?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
February 6, 2013 10:58:39 AM

Would it make a difference on my fps and the graphics i run my games at if i replace my GTX 560 TI 1GB with a GTX 650Ti 2GB

GTX 560 TI
8GB RAM
AMD PHENOM X6 1055T proccessor
ASUS M4N68T-M V2 motherboard
650w psu

or should i get something else instead of a new graphics card?

More about : gfx card

February 6, 2013 11:03:14 AM

riccardojayhillier said:
Would it make a difference on my fps and the graphics i run my games at if i replace my GTX 560 TI 1GB with a GTX 650Ti 2GB

GTX 560 TI
8GB RAM
AMD PHENOM X6 1055T proccessor
ASUS M4N68T-M V2 motherboard
650w psu

or should i get something else instead of a new graphics card?

i mean 660 TI!
a b U Graphics card
February 6, 2013 11:05:12 AM

GTX560 is better than GTX650TI. Comparision http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/543?vs=680
My advice is that you stick to your card for a couple of more months untill the GTX 700 series come out and then make your move.
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
February 6, 2013 11:07:02 AM

Actually no, your 560ti its still good enough for todays gaming, the gains of a GTX 650ti are very little if not null... I would say that the power consumption is only thing that the GTX 650ti will be better...

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-650-ti-...

If you really need/want a FPS increase on modern games, you should be looking for High end cards, as HD7950 and GTX 660ti or higher... But at this time, your card will run all games out there at 1920x1080 with High or even Ultra Quality, so upgrading will be a good idea in the next months when the new series of cards come out, so then a mid range card as may be the HD8870 or GTX760 will be noticeable upgrades for you....

Cheers! :) 
a b U Graphics card
February 6, 2013 11:11:29 AM

riccardojayhillier said:
what about the 660 TI 2GB ?

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/543?vs=647
Sure the card is worth buying but at not this point of time. Well the speed increase is substantial but I'd still recommend you to wait for the GTX 700 or the amd hd 8000 series cards.
February 6, 2013 11:14:23 AM

horaciopz said:
Actually no, your 560ti its still good enough for todays gaming, the gains of a GTX 650ti are very little if not null... I would say that the power consumption is only thing that the GTX 650ti will be better...

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-650-ti-...

If you really need/want a FPS increase on modern games, you should be looking for High end cards, as HD7950 and GTX 660ti or higher... But at this time, your card will run all games out there at 1920x1080 with High or even Ultra Quality, so upgrading will be a good idea in the next months when the new series of cards come out, so then a mid range card as may be the HD8870 or GTX760 will be noticeable upgrades for you....

Cheers! :) 

Ahh right okay, if i did buy a 660 ti 2gb would i notice a difference in my fps and would i be able to run at higher graphics on games?
a b U Graphics card
February 6, 2013 11:32:56 AM

Here are the benchmarks http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/543?vs=647
But since you have waited this long it would be better for you to just wait a little longer till the GTX 700 series of the AMD HD 8000 series comes out. Word is that they will be better ans cheaper.
February 6, 2013 11:34:26 AM

Xttony said:
Here are the benchmarks http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/543?vs=647
But since you have waited this long it would be better for you to just wait a little longer till the GTX 700 series of the AMD HD 8000 series comes out. Word is that they will be better ans cheaper.

Ahh okay thanks!
a b U Graphics card
February 6, 2013 11:37:32 AM

Yes, you will be able to run all games on ultra with no hiccups, its a solid performer. Yoy can get it now, and when the new series come out, the prices may lower and you can grab another one to do SLI and therefore get about 70% of more performance in some games... Its just an idea...

Also, if I were you, I would hold 2 months or so, to see what nvidia and amd will launch.... Anyway, if you are going to buy a GTX660ti now, just enjoy it!
!