Sign in with
Your question

Anything better than Gtx 650 Ti for the price?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 6, 2013 1:00:52 PM

I am fairly inexperienced with video cards so I was wondering if there was any video card on the market that beats the Gtx 650 Ti for it's price.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite...

It is 139.99 after rebate and 150 is the absolute most money I have to spend on a card. So is there anything better for less than 150?

More about : gtx 650 price

a c 105 U Graphics card
February 6, 2013 1:17:35 PM

don't have time to scour the web but this has extra vram. might come in handy sometime.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

be nice to know more about your hardware and monitor/resolution and whether or not you can save a little more money. you're on the edge of being able to get a much better card.
m
l
Related resources
a c 105 U Graphics card
February 6, 2013 1:40:08 PM

forget the card I listed above. misread. give other info though.
m
l
February 6, 2013 2:11:15 PM

Derza10 said:
Simply put, no there is not any better card than a GTX 650 Ti under $150. Here is another GTX 650 Ti for cheaper than the one you listed.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

$110 after rebate.

Nice find, however I think the extra money in my response suggestion is worth it.. significantly faster for only $10-$15 more
m
l
a b U Graphics card
February 6, 2013 2:14:05 PM

Hard Line said:
Nice find, however I think the extra money in my response suggestion is worth it.. significantly faster for only $10-$15 more

That is $55 more than the one I have linked and the OP has stated $150 is his absolute max. So the card you have listed would be about a 10-20% increase in performance for 50% more money - He is on a tight budget the card I listed is much better for price/performance.
m
l
February 6, 2013 2:37:07 PM

I have to second that the 7850 is totally worth it.
m
l
February 6, 2013 2:39:30 PM

Not to mention all 78xx series cards come with free Bioshock inf and Tomb Raider for the time being.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
February 6, 2013 2:40:23 PM

I really don't see the point in even suggesting it when he said his ABSOLUTE max budget was $150. I do agree it is a good deal better... But its a $55 difference from the 650 Ti... AND ~$20 over budget.
m
l
February 6, 2013 2:42:28 PM

Derza10 said:
That is $55 more than the one I have linked and the OP has stated $150 is his absolute max. So the card you have listed would be about a 10-20% increase in performance for 50% more money - He is on a tight budget the card I listed is much better for price/performance.

I understand your logic, however I was basing my assumptions on his post not yours ( i should have been more clear ) based on your find, yes it is a good deal and significantly more money.. however based on his, it is definitely worth it. ( sometimes ppl say ( example ) 150 is my max and then when they see something a good deal faster for a small amount more, then bend a little ) I see that all the time in this field which is why i suggested what I did. if it was 25 more I would not have bothered. hopefully you can now see my logic in making the recommendations I did. your deal is a good deal I dont' deny that at all. :D 
m
l
February 6, 2013 2:45:34 PM

Honestly man, I would DEFINATELY save up a little more and get at LEAST the GTX 660 as it performs a whole lot better and for only 50 dollars more. You can get GTX 660's for 200$. You DO NOT want to skimp on the graphics part of your system. A year from now you'll be wondering why you didn't just spend an extra 50 bucks. Trust me on this on as I have 2 660 Ti's in SLI, you'll always want more FPS and higher quality settings. Even if you have to wait a little bit just save 50 more bucks.
m
l
February 9, 2013 5:00:09 AM

ericjohn004 said:
Honestly man, I would DEFINATELY save up a little more and get at LEAST the GTX 660 as it performs a whole lot better and for only 50 dollars more. You can get GTX 660's for 200$. You DO NOT want to skimp on the graphics part of your system. A year from now you'll be wondering why you didn't just spend an extra 50 bucks. Trust me on this on as I have 2 660 Ti's in SLI, you'll always want more FPS and higher quality settings. Even if you have to wait a little bit just save 50 more bucks.

$200-$110 = $90 difference. I just got that card actually. I'm waiting for the rest of my system build to come in but at that price for a low-end build to play around with until you have the cash to upgrade to something way better I'd stick with this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... . Plus we don't know how long it'll take him to save the money. New GPUs might be out by then if he doesn't make a lot of cash.
m
l
!