Sign in with
Your question

GTX 660Ti SLI not working on SOME games

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 6, 2013 1:58:48 PM

I just recently put two GTX 660 Ti's in SLI and then ran a quick 3DMark11 test and I used to score 8900 and now I score 14900 so I thought SLI was working. Then I ran uningine heaven benchmark and scored 3000 so that was working. But then MSI's Burn-In test only uses 1 of my 2 cards and my Far Cry 3 game only uses 1 of my 2 cards. And it doesn't seem like Borderlands is really making that much use of SLI either.

So my question is, Why do all these games and benchmarks NOT work in SLI. Is this something I just have to deal with? OR can I fix this. I heard of using Nvidia Inspector but I'm not sure how to use that either. Can someone PLEASE HELP and tell me what to do with this. I spent 600 bucks for these BEASTLY cards in SLI and I want to use em.
a c 271 U Graphics card
February 6, 2013 2:17:02 PM

There is no point in using SLi during a burn in test and I don't know about FC3 but my 660Ti's use SLi just fine in Borderlands 2, what other actual games have you tried?
m
l
February 6, 2013 2:50:14 PM

No others at all.

But these work: 3DMark11, Uningine Heaven, Borderlands 2(I think Borderlands works alright)
These do NOT work: Far Cry 3, MSI's Burn-In Test, PassMark8

And Passmark8 uses like 7 different test to check graphics performance. IDK why it won't work on that. It works on SOME stuff.

Others on the Nvidia forums ALL have the same exact problems for the same games and benchmarks so it's not just me and my setup.

Any suggestions? I've heard of Nvidia Inspector being used to help with this.
m
l
Related resources
a c 271 U Graphics card
February 6, 2013 2:53:04 PM

SLi is for gaming so go play some games, it never has worked in the majority of stress tests because they are not games and so there is no point in having SLi profiles for them.
m
l
February 6, 2013 5:21:58 PM

Well I "played some games" and Far Cry 3 doesn't work, it only uses 2% of my 2nd GPU. And Borderlands 2 uses 90% plus on each GPU SOMETIMES and sometimes it uses 50% or less on both. Whats the problem? So far I've been told to go play games but obviously that's not the answer. And let me repeat that I know it's hooked up right because it works flawlessly in 3DMark11 and Uningine Heaven 3.

Does anyone know of anything that can help me out here?
m
l
February 6, 2013 5:34:41 PM

Your SLI is working, these are new games and sometimes they don't work so well with SLI. I ahd two SLI setups before I finally decided that it was more worth my money to buy one beast card.... Although my one beast card is what you have two of... =(
m
l
February 6, 2013 5:35:37 PM

Forgot to say that people say SLI doesn't work at all with Guild Wars 2 and that's the most popular game being played currently. (besides the all powerful WoW)
m
l
a b U Graphics card
February 6, 2013 5:37:58 PM

Look for profile that works with those games - worked for my SLI issues.
-Bruce
m
l
a c 271 U Graphics card
February 6, 2013 5:58:55 PM

Far Cry 3 is an AMD sponsored title so it's no wonder it doesn't work with SLi, Alan Wake didn't either at first.
m
l
February 6, 2013 6:54:32 PM

When you say "a profile" what do you mean by that? I did add Far Cry 3 to my Nvidia Control Panel if that's what you mean. And Far Cry 3 is suppose to work with Nvidia SLI, I see on Nvidia forum people that have had problems and then fixed those problems.
m
l
February 7, 2013 3:10:03 PM

Does anyone else know anything about this. I am still very much having trouble. And I notice on BOTH of my Transformer's games that the GPU usage for BOTH GPU's stays at around 20-30%. THey stay at the same percentage but shouldn't they both be at 100% or close to it? In 3DMark11 and Uningine Heaven 3.0 my GPU's stay at 98-100% both of them. Is it just that these games don't require very much GPU? Because one of my Transformer games won't go above 30Fps and the other stays at 60Fps. Neither one of them use my GPU's to their full potential.

I would really like some advice on this if someone can tell me of there experiences please do so.
m
l
May 2, 2013 8:04:20 AM

I am curently having the same issues with my two 660 TI's, they both work fine in Bioshock infinite, cyrisis3 , even far cry 3 but dead island riptide im only getting one card to work same goes for far cry 3 blood dragon. Did u ever find a fix for this or figure out what it was?
m
l
June 15, 2013 8:12:06 AM

ericjohn004 said:
I just recently put two GTX 660 Ti's in SLI and then ran a quick 3DMark11 test and I used to score 8900 and now I score 14900 so I thought SLI was working. Then I ran uningine heaven benchmark and scored 3000 so that was working. But then MSI's Burn-In test only uses 1 of my 2 cards and my Far Cry 3 game only uses 1 of my 2 cards. And it doesn't seem like Borderlands is really making that much use of SLI either.

So my question is, Why do all these games and benchmarks NOT work in SLI. Is this something I just have to deal with? OR can I fix this. I heard of using Nvidia Inspector but I'm not sure how to use that either. Can someone PLEASE HELP and tell me what to do with this. I spent 600 bucks for these BEASTLY cards in SLI and I want to use em.

here im sli 660 ti too ,but is fine , in fact is MARVELOUS , play all the games with doble FPS and better than a my gtx 680 and in any cases better than a 780 , SLI ROCKS REALLLY!!
m
l
!