Sign in with
Your question

Need a new Graphic Card

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 6, 2013 5:30:04 PM

Ahoy mates, need a new gpu since my old RadeonHD4890 burned out after couple years of gaming, Im willin to spend around 150-200euros.

CPU: AMD PHENOM II X4 965 3.4GHZ

PowerSupply: CORSAIR TX650W V2

Ram: 6GB

any opinion is welcomed thx

More about : graphic card

a b U Graphics card
February 6, 2013 5:37:28 PM

What country are you located in?
February 6, 2013 5:40:02 PM

Portugal, I wonder if there is any card for 200euros that can handle BF3 ultra or almost ultra 1080p
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
February 6, 2013 5:49:28 PM

7950 w/boost
a b U Graphics card
February 6, 2013 7:08:16 PM

sorry, i though euro's were worth more than my dollar.
a b U Graphics card
February 6, 2013 7:10:34 PM

daswilhelm said:

They are - for most things just not electronics for electronics its pretty close to 1:1 ratio.
a b U Graphics card
February 6, 2013 7:14:39 PM

daswilhelm said:

They are.
1 euro =~ 1.3 dollars right now.

With shipping and import taxes, however the goods are going to be a lot more expensive there than in the states.

At least the OP doesn't live in Australia or NZ. PC part prices there are stuptarded.
a c 115 U Graphics card
February 6, 2013 7:20:53 PM

ryukeen said:
Ahoy mates, need a new gpu since my old RadeonHD4890 burned out after couple years of gaming, Im willin to spend around 150-200euros.

CPU: AMD PHENOM II X4 965 3.4GHZ

PowerSupply: CORSAIR TX650W V2

Ram: 6GB

any opinion is welcomed thx

Hi - 7850 is prob your best bet under €200

http://www.pcdiga.com/2/8728/Grafica-MSI-HD7850-OC-1GB-... 7850 1g

http://www.pcdiga.com/2/9780/Grafica-XFX-HD7850-860M-Co... 2g

http://www.pcdiga.com/2/7893/Grafica-MSI-HD7850-Twin-Fr... 2g

Tom
a b U Graphics card
February 6, 2013 7:23:30 PM

GTX 660 > AMD 7850... I linked one that was under 200.
February 6, 2013 8:00:45 PM

thx mates, can any of those GPU handle BF3 at its ultra??
a b U Graphics card
February 6, 2013 8:08:54 PM

The GTX 660 at 1080p on ultra should get around 35-45 fps... anything lower than 1080p should be close to 60 FPS on ultra.
a b U Graphics card
February 6, 2013 8:20:34 PM

oced 7850 > oced GTX 660 so if your overclocking get the 7850.
a b U Graphics card
February 6, 2013 8:31:30 PM

helper800 said:

That completely depends on luck of the draw... Not all 7850 will overclock higher than all GTX 660... Actually i doubt very many will at all. Could you provide some evidence to your claims?
a b U Graphics card
February 6, 2013 8:47:57 PM

Derza10 said:
That completely depends on luck of the draw... Not all 7850 will overclock higher than all GTX 660... Actually i doubt very many will at all. Could you provide some evidence to your claims?

Because the Nvidia 6xx series of card have a locked voltage where as the AMD 7xxx series do not so that's a given
a c 115 U Graphics card
February 6, 2013 8:51:01 PM

helper800 said:
Because the Nvidia 6xx series of card have a locked voltage where as the AMD 7xxx series do not so that's a given

^ +1
a b U Graphics card
February 6, 2013 8:51:33 PM

helper800 said:

Well I can get 1300 Mhz off my voltage locked 680 so eh?
a b U Graphics card
February 6, 2013 8:52:15 PM

Helper, recommending a card based on it's overclocking ability without knowing your client's willingness to overclock is irresponsible. Unless othewise stated, it's best to assume there will be no overclocking. It's ok to mention the good overclockers as a footnote, however. There's a reason this is the general format of nearly every video card review done. At stock clock speeds, the 660 is clearly the higher-performing card.

That having been said, I am currently running a pair of Asus DC2 7850's each at 1200 Mhz core (1.22v and 1.24v respectively) from the default 860mhz, which is a fairly-ridiculous 40% overclock in and of itself. From various forum posts, it appears the safe voltage ceiling is 1.3v, and some folks have achieved a stable 1300mhz.
February 6, 2013 8:57:29 PM

you should consider the amd 7850-7950
or nvidia gtx 650 ti and gtx 660 ti
a b U Graphics card
February 6, 2013 9:23:39 PM

quilciri said:
Helper, recommending a card based on it's overclocking ability without knowing your client's willingness to overclock is irresponsible. Unless othewise stated, it's best to assume there will be no overclocking. It's ok to mention the good overclockers as a footnote, however. There's a reason this is the general format of nearly every video card review done. At stock clock speeds, the 660 is clearly the higher-performing card.

That having been said, I am currently running a pair of Asus DC2 7850's each at 1200 Mhz core (1.22v and 1.24v respectively) from the default 860mhz, which is a fairly-ridiculous 40% overclock in and of itself. From various forum posts, it appears the safe voltage ceiling is 1.3v, and some folks have achieved a stable 1300mhz.

I did not recommend anything all i said was an oced 7850 is better than the oced GTX 660.
a b U Graphics card
February 6, 2013 9:50:51 PM

helper800 said:

Sure looks like a recommendation to me.

Regardless, whether or not a fully oc'd 660 performs better than a fully overclocked 7850 is highly debatable (and already in lots of debate everywhere), and is not particularly useful to this thread. You are doing little more than sparking a flame war that will go on for dozens of posts without helping the OP.
a b U Graphics card
February 6, 2013 9:55:24 PM

quilciri said:
Sure looks like a recommendation to me.

Regardless, whether or not a fully oc'd 660 performs better than a fully overclocked 7850 is highly debatable (and already in lots of debate everywhere), and is not particularly useful to this thread. You are doing little more than sparking a flame war that will go on for dozens of posts without helping the OP.

It is relevant to the thread considering the 7850 is cheaper but most likely will perform better oced. And on another note if you want to assume i make a recommendation by simply putting out facts then that's your problem. I say assume because you did make an a$$ out of you and me =/
a b U Graphics card
February 6, 2013 10:00:48 PM

I assume your AMD avatar indicates a bias on your part.

To the OP. I advise making a list of the games you want to play, and then viewing benchmarks on how each card performs in those games specifically. This will give you a much better idea of which card is better for you than any debate here.
February 6, 2013 10:27:20 PM

quilciri said:

To the OP. I advise making a list of the games you want to play, and then viewing benchmarks on how each card performs in those games specifically. This will give you a much better idea of which card is better for you than any debate here.

agreed thx for the info mate, all the games i play right now are BO2 , BF3 , LoL and MW3 , guess any of those GPU will do it in max settings
a b U Graphics card
February 6, 2013 10:34:31 PM

ryukeen said:
agreed thx for the info mate, all the games i play right now are BO2 , BF3 , LoL and MW3 , guess any of those GPU will do it in max settings

Just get a 660 if that's all you play because it will run better with bf3
a c 271 U Graphics card
February 6, 2013 10:34:45 PM

helper800 said:
It is relevant to the thread considering the 7850 is cheaper but most likely will perform better oced. And on another note if you want to assume i make a recommendation by simply putting out facts then that's your problem. I say assume because you did make an a$$ out of you and me =/

This coming from someone who pleads for best answer because he needs the points. :pfff: 
a b U Graphics card
February 6, 2013 10:36:54 PM

quilciri said:

And again your assumption is incorrect due to me picking this picture solely because i am using a AMD card in fact if the GTX 660ti didn't have a 192 bit interface i would have been enjoying that right now, and well if it oced as good but that is a whole other endless debate i do not want to get into.
a b U Graphics card
February 6, 2013 10:40:14 PM

Mousemonkey said:
This coming from someone who pleads for best answer because he needs the points, :pfff: 

The adjective pleading was used out of context here and i was actually reminding the op to select one whilst giving me the point i had earned. I made the comment, "... i need the points..." for a purely comical gesture of good nature but i guess everyone here on this forums loves to make assumptions today.
a c 271 U Graphics card
February 6, 2013 10:46:12 PM

helper800 said:
The adjective pleading was used out of context here and i was actually reminding the op to select one whilst giving me the point i had earned. I made the comment, "... i need the points..." for a purely comical gesture of good nature but i guess everyone here on this forums loves to make assumptions today.

Considering that was said after you had asked for one of your posts to be picked it had no comedic value at all, and the forum software will send a reminder automatically so there is no need to badger the OP's of any thread about it in any thread and I have seen you do it more than once.
February 6, 2013 10:49:25 PM

Wow this is getting pretty off topic. Im going to have to agree with this statement.

Quote:

This is a good point if they overclock. I mean if they dont they dont and if they do they do. Maybe something to consider.
a b U Graphics card
February 6, 2013 10:52:33 PM

Mousemonkey said:
Considering that was said after you had asked for one of your posts to be picked it had no comedic value at all, and the forum software will send a reminder automatically so there is no need to badger the OP's of any thread about it in any thread and I have seen you do it more than once.

I didn't know that reminders were automatically sent. I had done it on 2 different threads and will never happen again. Ignorance is bliss isn't it?
a b U Graphics card
February 7, 2013 1:34:36 PM

mojin7 said:
Wow this is getting pretty off topic. Im going to have to agree with this statement.

Quote:

This is a good point if they overclock. I mean if they dont they dont and if they do they do. Maybe something to consider.

You also have to consider that the AMD cards have higher frame latency in most games... Making (for example) 30 FPS on an nvidia card as smooth as say 40 FPS on an AMD card. (These are made up numbers it might be closer to a 5 fps difference but it is something to consider... Oh and Nvidia does have some extra features like adaptive vsync, physx, and 3d vision)

Just trying to give you some info you can think about... I think you will be happy with either card.
February 7, 2013 1:47:09 PM

Derza10 said:
You also have to consider that the AMD cards have higher frame latency in most games... Making (for example) 30 FPS on an nvidia card as smooth as say 40 FPS on an AMD card. (These are made up numbers it might be closer to a 5 fps difference but it is something to consider... Oh and Nvidia does have some extra features like adaptive vsync, physx, and 3d vision)

Just trying to give you some info you can think about... I think you will be happy with either card.

Great point as well. I LOVE Nvidia.
a b U Graphics card
February 7, 2013 8:55:00 PM

Derza10 said:

Just get a free program called RadeonPro and the modifications allow for frame latency about (key word) as good as Nvidia.
!