Sapphire Radeon 5770 Vapor-X Artifacts

Malumake

Honorable
Feb 6, 2013
Aloha All and Mahalo in advance!

Moved the card from one unit to another, and now there are a ton of artifacts in all 3D games/benchmarks. It looks like 2D works fine. And yes I was grounded when doing the switch. Any ideas?

Images from Skyrim (Default High Resolution)::

Malumake

Honorable
Feb 6, 2013
BF3 does it and so does 3DMark 11. 3DMark also shows what I suspect is post-processing errors. I'm guessing they are supposed to be lens flares and blur, but is just shows a ton of blue on the screen. FTL runs fine.

3DMark::

Malumake

Honorable
Feb 6, 2013
Unfortunately no. I actually scraped this machine together from a machine that was donated to me for a Senior Center, and some spare parts I had laying around. Believe it or not, they are big into games. The card was working fine as an external for a laptop, but when I put it in the desktop it started throwing the artifacts. The donated machine was missing the graphics card so I threw it in along with the better PS. The only hardware issue, besides bad card, I can see now is that the MB is an nVidia based board. Possible driver conflict with AMD/ATI card? Mahalo for any input!

While running OCCT test, noticed a spike in Temp...66C...will try to get it lower later. There is a Razer AC-1 card I added as well, which is right next to the graphics card, I will remove and try to improve airflow. I will also take out and check the video card again, maybe remove the cooler and re-grease it.