Sign in with
Your question

Need new graphics card

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 6, 2013 7:21:22 PM

Hello,
i have a acer predator ag3620-ur308 and i am looking to upgrade my graphics card. it came with a nvidia geforce gt 630 and ijust want something that will pack more of a punch. my processor is a intel i7 3770 and i have 12 gigs of ddr3 memory. i do not have a budget and need any kind of graphics card that will pack more of a punch than this one. thank you and please help as soon as possible.

More about : graphics card

February 6, 2013 8:13:57 PM

Hello Predator, honestly I need to know what you're going to do with this card are you going to do heavy gaming or what? If you have no budget and want the best GPU's out there get a 7970 or Gtx 690. Also, what's the wattage of your PSU that will determine what card you might get.
m
l
a c 171 Î Nvidia
a c 271 U Graphics card
February 6, 2013 8:21:47 PM

eliteclone25 said:
Hello Predator, honestly I need to know what you're going to do with this card are you going to do heavy gaming or what? If you have no budget and want the best GPU's out there get a 7970 or Gtx 690. Also, what's the wattage of your PSU that will determine what card you might get.

Wow! Three minutes after asking about a card you are expert enough to advise someone else what to get.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/391710-33-good-graphi...
m
l
Related resources
February 6, 2013 8:32:00 PM

7850 and up.
gt 660 and up.

Take your pick, the sky's the limit if you have no budget limitations
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
a c 133 U Graphics card
February 6, 2013 8:33:08 PM

Dang mouse! Creeper :p  I tease.

There are a few things to ask.

Firstly, what resolution do you run?

What graphics settings would you like?

What is your budget?

Would you be comfortable changing components out a power supply as an example.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
February 6, 2013 8:40:04 PM

You have a nice system... But you left out all the information needed to give you a suggestion... Things such as Resolution you are playing at your PSU wattage and model, and a budget. You say you don't have a budget so are you willing to spend $2,000 to sli GTX 690's? Yea.... give us some kind of guidelines to start from.
m
l
a c 171 Î Nvidia
a c 271 U Graphics card
February 6, 2013 8:40:05 PM

bigshootr8 said:
Dang mouse! Creeper :p  I tease.

There are a few things to ask.

Firstly, what resolution do you run?

What graphics settings would you like?

What is your budget?

Would you be comfortable changing components out a power supply as an example.

Don't you find it strangely amusing that someone who is asking rather basic questions themselves suddenly feel that they can advise someone else what card to get?
m
l
a b U Graphics card
February 6, 2013 8:42:16 PM

Mousemonkey said:
Don't you find it strangely amusing that someone who is asking rather basic questions themselves suddenly feel that they can advise someone else what card to get?

Yea i was just reading his last post then switched here to see him being first comment and giving advice. He knows enough to tell others what to buy but not enough to make his own purchases... Always easier to spend someone elses money :) 
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
a c 133 U Graphics card
February 6, 2013 8:43:58 PM

Haha! Sounds like a true politician right :p  Always easy to spend what isn't yours and think you are wiser then the one with the money.

I do agree with you though mouse that advising someone after asking basic questions in another thread seems a bit odd.
m
l
a c 171 Î Nvidia
a c 271 U Graphics card
February 6, 2013 8:45:13 PM

Derza10 said:
Yea i was just reading his last post then switched here to see him being first comment and giving advice. He knows enough to tell others what to buy but not enough to make his own purchases... Always easier to spend someone elses money :) 

He's not the first one to do that but it still narks me off.
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
a c 133 U Graphics card
February 6, 2013 8:46:06 PM

You know what you ought to do mouse you should write a mouse ten commandments and sticky it on the forums Things posters shall not do! :) 
m
l
a c 171 Î Nvidia
a c 271 U Graphics card
February 6, 2013 8:49:01 PM

bigshootr8 said:
You know what you ought to do mouse you should write a mouse ten commandments and sticky it on the forums Things posters shall not do! :) 

The problem with that is it would just be ignored like the "Read This First" sticky is.
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
a c 133 U Graphics card
February 6, 2013 8:55:17 PM

Ah very true people normally go for the resolution before taking the time to research an issue before asking so I see your point.
m
l
!