Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Need help with graphics card upgrade

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
February 6, 2013 8:45:12 PM

Hey everyone! I'm looking for some help for finding a new graphics card for gaming. I only have a budget of 70$. I can list some specs if needed but really appreciate the help :hello:  :??: 

More about : graphics card upgrade

a c 109 U Graphics card
a b 4 Gaming
February 6, 2013 8:53:11 PM

Ashleyneedshelp said:
Hey everyone! I'm looking for some help for finding a new graphics card for gaming. I only have a budget of 70$. I can list some specs if needed but really appreciate the help :hello:  :??: 


Yeah - you do need to list your sys specs

I'll list these few, but can't recommend without specs:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...








February 6, 2013 8:57:47 PM

For ~$70 the best card to get is probably a gt 630 or an hd 6670.
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
February 6, 2013 8:58:22 PM

$70 budget =\= gaming GPU... Your best option might be to look for used previous generation cards... What is your power supply model number and what resolution will you be playing at?
a c 154 U Graphics card
a b 4 Gaming
February 6, 2013 9:05:03 PM

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... With just a $70 budget I doubt they are a high end gamer so a 6670 will do. Don't waste money on a 2gb version, these cards are too low end to use that much. It will not a make a difference at all.
February 6, 2013 9:06:21 PM

I think your best option is to buy some good weapon for those 70 and rob computer parts store :D  :D  :D  :D 

Sorry, could not refrain from posting this :D 
a b U Graphics card
February 6, 2013 9:10:54 PM

toyftw said:
This card is already $13 over her budget

Shows $71 for me... would be $72 with another bid...

Edit: Ah $12 shipping !
a b 4 Gaming
February 6, 2013 9:11:12 PM

toyftw said:
This card is already $13 over her budget


Yep. Plus, it is bidding. If someone bids, they will normally outbid you by 7 to 10 dollars. Plus, most people have "snipers" that raise the price 7 dollars more at the last second.
February 6, 2013 9:13:50 PM

sorry to be a noob around computers in general but what specs should i post and how to i access them.
a b U Graphics card
February 6, 2013 9:16:42 PM

TheN00bBuilder said:
Yep. Plus, it is bidding. If someone bids, they will normally outbid you by 7 to 10 dollars. Plus, most people have "snipers" that raise the price 7 dollars more at the last second.

Yea true but it only has like 20 mins left, doubt anyone would add $7 to a card like that.
a b 4 Gaming
February 6, 2013 9:18:04 PM

I would. Its NIB and looks very good in benchmarks.
a c 109 U Graphics card
a b 4 Gaming
February 6, 2013 9:18:12 PM

Ashleyneedshelp said:
sorry to be a noob around computers in general but what specs should i post and how to i access them.


Your cpu (AMD OR Intel model), type and amount of ram, make/model of the power supply,
hard drives, etc.

If this is a prebuilt system you can post the brand & model#, and we can usually
find the needed specs.
February 6, 2013 9:29:19 PM

CPU: Intel Pentium G360 @2.7Ghz(2 cores)
Installed memory(RAM):4GB
not sure if you just mean my my actualy hardrive which is like a terabyte, let me know
power supply:?
Graphics: Intel family hd graphics 1000
a b 4 Gaming
February 6, 2013 9:31:50 PM

Thats good. My card should supplement that processor well. Gaming on a PC is 90% graphics and 10%CPU.
February 6, 2013 9:34:40 PM

TheN00bBuilder said:
Thats good. My card should supplement that processor well. Gaming on a PC is 90% graphics and 10%CPU.

How easy is this to install. I also read that it doesnt have the driver disks i think, does that matter much?
a b 4 Gaming
February 6, 2013 9:39:04 PM

Ashleyneedshelp said:
How easy is this to install. I also read that it doesnt have the driver disks i think, does that matter much?

Its pretty easy; take off 2 of the expansion port covers, pop the card in to the port with the flap on it, plug in the 6 Pin power connector. Having no drivers isn't hard; Here they are; http://www.msi.com/product/vga/N450GTS-M2D1GD5.html#/?d...
February 6, 2013 9:43:47 PM

TheN00bBuilder said:
Its pretty easy; take off 2 of the expansion port covers, pop the card in to the port with the flap on it, plug in the 6 Pin power connector. Having no drivers isn't hard; Here they are; http://www.msi.com/product/vga/N450GTS-M2D1GD5.html#/?d...

Hmmm, I'm a bit skeptical because i really want this to be the right choice and it's used but hopefully would still work for well for a while, any idea how well this would run games?
February 6, 2013 9:50:27 PM

toyftw said:
Your cpu (AMD OR Intel model), type and amount of ram, make/model of the power supply,
hard drives, etc.

If this is a prebuilt system you can post the brand & model#, and we can usually
find the needed specs.

Having a second opinion on the cpu would be great if you know anything about it of course http://www.ebay.com/itm/MSI-N450GTS-M2D1GD5-OC-GeForce-...

and any others would be great
a b 4 Gaming
February 6, 2013 10:26:20 PM

Ashleyneedshelp said:
Hmmm, I'm a bit skeptical because i really want this to be the right choice and it's used but hopefully would still work for well for a while, any idea how well this would run games?


It would run games well, like this; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9cXZ7lX0lM
a c 154 U Graphics card
a b 4 Gaming
February 6, 2013 10:55:03 PM

You need to make sure your power supply can even handle it. There will be a sticker on it that should say the model number.
a c 109 U Graphics card
a b 4 Gaming
February 6, 2013 10:58:27 PM

Ashleyneedshelp said:
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite... this card looks decent to and is in my price range if anyone can say anything about it


If you don't want to exceed the $70, I linked 3 or 4 6670's above that are <$70.

Tom

A quality 400w Power Supply is recommended for a 6670, you could be OK
with a 350w, but can't know for sure unless we know the make/model.
February 6, 2013 11:07:28 PM

k1114 said:
You need to make sure your power supply can even handle it. There will be a sticker on it that should say the model number.

i have a few numbers here one says serial no. and product no. which one?
February 6, 2013 11:08:45 PM

toyftw said:
If you don't want to exceed the $70, I linked 3 or 4 6670's above that are <$70.

Tom

A quality 400w Power Supply is recommended for a 6670, you could be OK
with a 350w, but can't know for sure unless we know the make/model.

Is it the product no.?
February 6, 2013 11:14:27 PM

Ashleyneedshelp said:
Is it the product no.?


k1114 said:
You need to make sure your power supply can even handle it. There will be a sticker on it that should say the model number.

QW730AA#ABA i think thats it

Best solution

a c 154 U Graphics card
a b 4 Gaming
February 6, 2013 11:25:05 PM
Share

That is actually the computer model but that will give me all the specs. http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Docume... If this is your pc then it is 300w. That is not enough for a gt450 so go with the 6670.
February 6, 2013 11:30:00 PM

Best answer selected by Ashleyneedshelp.
!