Cpu Intel 3930k
Main board gigabyte x79 ud3
Power supply huntkey 1200w
Ram 32 gb 4x8 1600 mhz
Hd Intel ssd 120
Hd2 wd black edition 1 tb 10000rpm
Graphics card sapphire 7970 6gb toxic
Os win 7 64bit

I installed windows and everything was okay but suddenly I got a black screen the pc rebooted then I got I long beep 2 short,
I switched my pc off and checked everything , everything seemed fine
I switched my pc on and noticed that the sapphire logo light flashes and the fans spinned for a second then stopped then I got 1 long beep 2 short beeps,
Here is the strange part , after switching my pc off and back on for like 4 times everything back to be normal the sapphire logo light is on and the fans are spinning , and everything back normal ! I log in to windows without any problem ! And after like 5 minutes the pc reboots by itself again ! And I have to go through the whole process all over again ( switching off and on, rebooting for like 10 times )
This is what I have done
I replaced the power supply , the same problem
I replaced the cables , same problem
I reseated the card, same problem
I changed the pcie slot, same same same problem
I cleared the cmos, same problem
I tried another graphics card , the pc works without any problem
I put my sapphire 7970 in another pc , it works perfect

Does anybody have any idea about this issue ?

If my graphics card is fried how come it works perfect on another system ? And sometimes it let me log in to windows with my system and I even can play games !

Does the flash of the sapphire logo means something ?
Please help I ran out of tricks this is really confusing

Thanks in advance
And sorry for my English if it sounded little weird

chabuk

Honorable
Feb 6, 2013
Thanks for your reply
Just one more question
When the sapphire logo flashes and goes off ( no light) does that mean the pcie slot is not delivering power to the gpu ? , also I have tried another psu but nothing changed any suggestions ?

darkspartenwarrior

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013
it means the computer has shut down.

you're overthinking things, if a new PSU doesn't work I'd assume a CPU issue, at what point during POST does the motherboard stop posting and shut down, tell us the POST code it stops at, I'm thinking it's a CPU error.

chabuk

Honorable
Feb 6, 2013
When I switch the pc on it does not post at all , all I get is 1 long beep 2 short beeps and no signal on my monitor , then I have to switched it on and off many times to get rid of that (after switching it off and on the sapphire logo light up and the fans spin and the pc post with no issues or error codes)

chabuk

Honorable
Feb 6, 2013
It could be the motherboard , thanks for your help guys.........
The sapphire support dude told me that it could be the ram ,
One long two short beeps ! As far as I know it a vga problem
Any comments ? Also he said that I should clean the ram with a pencil eraser, I guess that would remove any static right ?

RussK1

Splendid
The POST beeps indicate the following:
1 short: System boots successfully
2 short: CMOS setting error
1 long, 1 short: Memory or motherboard error
1 long, 2 short: Monitor or graphics card error
1 long, 3 short: Keyboard error
1 long, 9 short: BIOS ROM error
Continuous long beeps: Graphics card not inserted properly
Continuous short beeps: Power error

Try using: other DVI, HDMI or one of the two mini DisplayPorts.

**Try both bios on the card** ie: standard and boost.

chabuk

Honorable
Feb 6, 2013

Thanks for the info,
I have tried both , the hdmi and the div, no results.
The gpu only works after switching my system off and on for like 5 times

RussK1

Splendid

If The Toxic worked fine in another system? I'd suspect power delivery to the card via PSU. The Huntkey X7 is a good supply (I know a few people here that have the 900w versions) but that doesn't mean it's not defective. Some of the best miss quality control from time to time. ie: Delta, Seasonic, Corsair, etc. I would check it's voltages explanation HERE.

My advice is to test the PSU with THIS or go old school with a multi meter.

Huntkey review HERE for the close-minded people that never venture outside-O-the-box from the mainstream and believe "it must be junk since I've never heard of it" dogma. Super Flower is another that many are ignorant of as well.

**BTW**

There are 6 12v rails correct? Try managing the rails and it might solve your plight.

You said you tried another graphics card; was it another HD7970, or something else?
Also reseat your RAM, although the fact that it sometimes works has me more inclined to suspect a power problem. When it works, does your PSU's fan really speed up, or does your PSU get hot or emit any notable odors? Huntkey is a mixed bag for quality. Their newer models are better, but some of the older ones are not. Your system ought to run just fine on a quality 650W PSU, but you may be just over the edge of what your Huntkey can cleanly provide.

chabuk

Honorable
Feb 6, 2013

Wow thanks for the info regarding the Huntley , please explain more what do you mean by 12 v rails ?

chabuk

Honorable
Feb 6, 2013

Yea I tried Nadia 8400gs , very outdated I know but that's what I have , don't worry about the power supply unit because I have tried another one but the same problem remains, leave the fan issue and check this out, when it works the first thing I see is (check sum error default loaded) after that everything works great , but after logging on to windows my pc reboots and I get 1 long beep 2 shorts ! I guess it's a bios issue

chabuk

Honorable
Feb 6, 2013

Never liked that cable I will replace it and see what's gonna happen thanks

chabuk

Honorable
Feb 6, 2013

I've tried both and currently working on the modular ones, thanks bro stay blessed