Online Game Lagging

Hello,
So i have a computer that I've been playing games on for a while.
got a new computer that is supposed to be better but can't run the same games on even lower settings
here is what i know about my computer:

OS: windows 8 64-bit (6.2, Build 9200)
System manu facturer: MSI
System Model: MS-7721
Processor: AMD A6-5500K APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics (2 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Page file: 1659MB used, 10595MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 11

Performance Ratings
Processor: 6.3
Memory (RAM): 7.1
Graphics (desktop graphics performance): 2.0
Gaming Graphics: (3D business and gaming graphics performance) 4.0
Primary Hard Disk: 5.9

not exactly sure about my older computer but i do know the processor and primary hard disk were about the same, RAM was like 5.9 Graphics was 3.2 and Gaming Graphics were 3.4
not sure if that all makes a difference but i added them in

I don't know what all of this means (good/bad) but i know most of it and im wondering if any of this is causing the lag. I have good enough internet to play CoD/Battlefield on two xbox's and Team Fortress 2 on my other computer all at the same time so that's not the problem.
Any ideas before i call the computer maker back and ask them what they think is wrong?
19 answers Last reply
More about online game lagging
  1. ur computer graphic card and cpu are weak.

    simple. u can run those games but on low
  2. xCordillia16x said:
    Hello,
    So i have a computer that I've been playing games on for a while.
    got a new computer that is supposed to be better but can't run the same games on even lower settings
    here is what i know about my computer:

    OS: windows 8 64-bit (6.2, Build 9200)
    System manu facturer: MSI
    System Model: MS-7721
    Processor: AMD A6-5500K APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics (2 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
    Memory: 8192MB RAM
    Page file: 1659MB used, 10595MB available
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11

    Performance Ratings
    Processor: 6.3
    Memory (RAM): 7.1
    Graphics (desktop graphics performance): 2.0
    Gaming Graphics: (3D business and gaming graphics performance) 4.0
    Primary Hard Disk: 5.9

    not exactly sure about my older computer but i do know the processor and primary hard disk were about the same, RAM was like 5.9 Graphics was 3.2 and Gaming Graphics were 3.4
    not sure if that all makes a difference but i added them in

    I don't know what all of this means (good/bad) but i know most of it and im wondering if any of this is causing the lag. I have good enough internet to play CoD/Battlefield on two xbox's and Team Fortress 2 on my other computer all at the same time so that's not the problem.
    Any ideas before i call the computer maker back and ask them what they think is wrong?



    The windows performance measurements are total and absolute garbage.


    Download this, install it, then post back with all the info it gives.

    http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/


    Then we can start to help you.
  3. CPU isnt weak, its not the best but it could run the same game on my other computer on low settings with about 30-60 FPS depending on the map and players on it. But, i cant even run the game on this one on the absolute lowest settings (BFP4F) waiting to get TF2 and run a game where i am host and with nobody in it
  4. xCordillia16x said:
    CPU isnt weak, its not the best but it could run the same game on my other computer on low settings with about 30-60 FPS depending on the map and players on it. But, i cant even run the game on this one on the absolute lowest settings (BFP4F) waiting to get TF2 and run a game where i am host and with nobody in it



    What cpu do you have in your other computer?
  5. GPU: Scrapper
    Technology: 32nm
    Die Size: 246 mm squared
    Transistors 1300M
    Subvendor MSI (1462)
    ROPs/TMUs: 4/24
    Bus Interface: N/A
    Shaders: 192 Unified
    DirectX Support: 11.0/Sm5.0
    Pixel Fillrate: 0.8 GPixel/s
    Texture Fillrate: 4.8 GTexel/s
    Memory Type: DDR3
    Memory Size: 512 MB
    Bandwidth: 21.3GB/s
    Driver Version: atiumdag 6.2.9200.16384 / Win8 64
    GPU Clock: 200MHz
    Default Clock: 760MHz
    Memory: 667MHz
    ATI Crossfire: Disabled


    i dont know what your looking for but the way i see it is that other than the Grapics (not Gaming Graphics), everything on this computer is better than my last one
  6. my CPU on old computer is:
    AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 240 Processor 2.80 GHz
  7. It turns out that BF3 single player is not cpu intensive, but in multiplayer with a large number of participants, it becomes very cpu intensive.
    You are looking at an Intel quad to solve that issue.
  8. well i said i was running BFP4F not BF3, first off
    second, BFP4F is not even graphically good anyways, its has semi-good graphics but i play on low so they are crap and therefore should be able to be ran
  9. Do you remember the what the video card you had in your old PC, because thats an APU an A6 is not good for gaming really need an A8 or realy an A10 for gaming. Also try playing an offline game and see what your results are since there are less varibile.
  10. ill have TF2 by tomorrow morning, so then i can play an offline game and see what happens

    no im not sure what my graphics card is, or if i even have one, i know i have an integrated something to do with video quality. Don't know if you know anything of that
  11. sorry dude but ur cpu is weak and graphics always. its alright but dotn expect stellar performance.
  12. i can accept the fact that i dont have an "AMAZING COMPUTER", i kinda knew while buying this that i just wanted it to be good enough to play "simple graphic" games on moderate settings

    got this computer cuz last one wouldnt let me record gameplay on my xbox and this one can but it cant play games. Just want it to be a little better so it can do both

    what i dont understand is that this CPU is better than the last one and i am only getting like 5 FPS instead of 25 or higher like the old computer
  13. xCordillia16x said:
    i can accept the fact that i dont have an "AMAZING COMPUTER", i kinda knew while buying this that i just wanted it to be good enough to play "simple graphic" games on moderate settings

    got this computer cuz last one wouldnt let me record gameplay on my xbox and this one can but it cant play games. Just want it to be a little better so it can do both

    what i dont understand is that this CPU is better than the last one and i am only getting like 5 FPS instead of 25 or higher like the old computer



    If you do not have a separate graphics card, then that's the reason.


    Games need a good balance between cpu + graphics card.

    The built in cpu stuff is anemic.
  14. If you want to see whats is bottle necking you get a gpu and cpu monitor, run the game in windowed mode and while its running move it over to see the monitors, that will show you how much cpu power, memory, and different gpu aspects that are getting used. Or having a second monitor you can run it full screen and get a more accurate idea but with that low fps it should be immediately obvious.
  15. from what i understand there isnt a seperate graphics card, so i guess that is probably the problem. Will play a offline server tomorrow morning and will probably conclude that you are right that the CPU stuff is anemic due to not having a separate graphics card
  16. badam said:
    If you want to see whats is bottle necking you get a gpu and cpu monitor, run the game in windowed mode and while its running move it over to see the monitors, that will show you how much cpu power, memory, and different gpu aspects that are getting used. Or having a second monitor you can run it full screen and get a more accurate idea but with that low fps it should be immediately obvious.



    i know i can do that with windows task manager, but its not using all of my CPU/GPU so im guessing its that i only have the integrated video system. I'll update you all tomorrow but for now... thx for posting, everyone, with quick replies
  17. its an onboard graphic card. if u want more performance, id recommand a add-in videocard.
  18. YEAH!!! I did end up trying it this morning and it says its getting about 7 FPS, even though i was in a game where im the host and there is nobody in the game (with settings as low as possible). So, yes, i need to have an added on (or at least another) video card, the integrated one just isnt cutting it for what i want.

    Thx everyone for the help and support
  19. excellent cheerios
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Computers Games Graphics