Sign in with
Your question

Dedicated Video Ram for A10-5800K

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 7, 2013 12:08:02 AM

Hello,
I am interested in upgrading my processor to the A10-5800K for my HP Pavilion B030 all-in-one. What I want to know is if this will increase my dedicated video memory from my current A4-5300 which only carries 512MB of dedicated video Ram.
February 7, 2013 12:13:03 AM

...what?

It works the same way as the A4, as in, it uses system ram. The integrated graphics don't HAVE dedicated ram.

The reason your A4 is only using 512MB of ram is because that's what it's set to - look for an option in the BIOS to change that.
m
l
February 7, 2013 4:25:13 AM

DarkSable said:
...what?

It works the same way as the A4, as in, it uses system ram. The integrated graphics don't HAVE dedicated ram.

The reason your A4 is only using 512MB of ram is because that's what it's set to - look for an option in the BIOS to change that.

That's what I thought when I got the thing. My dad works in IT and that was his suggestion but there was no option, and since its in the same operating system/computer that won't change.

So what you are saying is that since there is no option in my BIOS to change it that even if I were to upgrade I'd still be screwed cause there will still be no way to change it....
m
l
!