7970 artifacts???

gussrtk

Honorable
I just put together my computer about a month ago, been slowly starting up on newer games.

I played Tera online with no problems, but now been getting into diablo3 with a bunch of friends. While there is no hard work for the gpu... sometimes my screen will get a distorted line on it (horizontal), just a quick flash. (when i say that there is no hard work, i mean like when im in town or auction house where there is not much movement)

and the other day the whole picture blipped out for a split second... just in windows

Ive got the latest catalyst drivers, i checked. The gpu is a Gigabyte 7970GHZ edition

Should i be worried?

Also im not really sure if that can be called "artifacts"

booghie

Honorable
Feb 11, 2013
I've also just bought an msi hd 7970 boost edition. Installed windows and all drivers.
Yesterday i saw for a split second the screen blinking, with a horizontal line... it happens very fast. I have this issue in windows while using youtube and in game menus.

Any idea why is this happening?

gussrtk

Honorable

ive read somewhere that the new drivers are glitching the cards. supposedly reverting to 12.1 driver will fix this, but i havent had a chance to try it out

TheMadFapper

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012

It sounds like screen tearing, did you try turning on Vsync?

edgeofblade

Honorable
Feb 9, 2013
I encountered a similar issue, and I know what screen tearing is. This was not screen tearing. To me it kinda looked like digital static, which only presented on digital outputs. I was able to reliably replicate these horizontal lines by opening a YouTube video, usually full screen, and darting my cursor back and forth between my two monitors. I just finished with a straight replacement from Amazon because of other artifact-ing at stock speeds and the problem is gone (still getting noticeable artifacts I'll chalk up to the driver issue noted above). I made a YouTube video if you want to compare what you're seeing with what I see, but I can't get you the link while I'm at work. Try searching for user "edgeofblade" and "Gigabyte support" on YouTube.

Oh, haw haw... I lied. Here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajtuqjOT4WY