Signle GPU Upgrade Advice

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • GPUs
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 7, 2013 2:58:28 AM

Hello,
I was looking to see if I could get any help on how I should go about upgrading my current GPU. I'm not sure whether I should stick with my current one (A MSI 7950 that has had some recent overclocking issues) and wait for the 89xx series to come out, or should I look into getting a 7970 GHZ (looking at the Sapphire Vapor-X 3gb card) since I've heard that can be a large performance boost in and of itself. My current motherboard isn't really crossfire compatible (unless I want a very slow 2nd card), and I'd rather not deal with any possible issues that dual-card setups can run into.
TLDR: Buy a 7970 now or wait for a 89xx card?

More about : signle gpu upgrade advice

February 7, 2013 6:39:25 AM

what i would suggest is try to sort out the issues with the 7950 for now as it is a decent card and whenever the 8 series comes out sell the hd 7950 and get it.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
February 7, 2013 6:52:57 AM

I'm sort-of in the same boat as you. Want to swap my 2x 6950s for a single card. The 7970 looks very good at the current price point, but I'm waiting for the 89xx cards before making a change.

I know the 89xx will come in at a much higher price point, but will have to wait and see what happens.
m
l
!