Computer Resources

bobbyleejordan

Honorable
Feb 7, 2013
Okay, the situation is this, I had a laptop and the mobo fried. Now I have purchased a new computer for a tight budget... I am using the win7 from the old hard-drive, and I am able to do everything nicely, but my processor will not activate its igpu capabilities...
Processor- Intel i7-3770k
Gpu- iGPU of i7-3770k (will not work)(code 12)
Mobo- Asrock Z77 Extreme6
Hdd- Whichever is in a Acer Aspire 5552

My situation is that it will not:
1- Activate the integrated intelHD 4000 graphics because of code (12)
2- Audio will not play through the HDMI i am using to connect to my tv
3- It has cutoff on the outside of my screen (minor issue)

SPEED94

Honorable
Oct 29, 2012

Have you tried the settings in BIOS ? And what is your TV resolution and refresh rate running at ?

with the mb make sure the newest bios is installed. then install the newest intel chipset drivers. on most new mb from vendors the x6x and x7x chipsets there two setings in the bios now. the primary video device for boot. (ipgpu (intel)/peg/pci for 3 party gpu. under that will be mvp rendering/ dule video card support. it be worded in the bios that if you enable it both the gpu and ipgpu will be turned on. make sure with the new mb you dont install the Lucid Virtu MVP ver:2.1.114 software. this software wants to bond the ipgpu with a gpu. if it installed it give you crazy errors if there only the gpu installed or the ipgpu.

bobbyleejordan

Honorable
Feb 7, 2013
@Speed94 - I have tried all I know in the BIOS... I have set it to the primary gpu, which is the only gpu I have. It works in the sense that I am on my computer doing stuff, but will not boot the HD4000 graphics for gaming. TV is 1080p, so I assume 1920x1080... IDK the refresh rate... Element 40" HD-LCD

@bigshootr8 - Only my iGPU here

@smorizio - I have looked at getting a BIOS update online and it seems to be up to date. (how would I know for sure) and I have made sure I updated every driver my computer has in the device manager. I have primary video source as the iGPU, I only have the iGPU. I don't think I have Lucid installed... It is not in my control panel for stuff, and it yielded no search results. (again, how would I be 100% sure) also is iGPU the correct term or ipGPU

ALSO I was fidgeting with stuff earlier and booted in safe mode, to which the system allocated the correct resources. I tried to do stuff there, but Safe Mode. Then i logged over to regular and it is having the code 12 still. I beleive that means I am having an I/O or IRQ (probably completely wrong letters, there are 3 of them) error... Any help would be amazing, thanks for the replys I have already gotten

SPEED94

Honorable
Oct 29, 2012

Your motherboard is said to report to support all the Intel graphics HD technology and supports Supports HDMI 1.4a Technology with max. resolution up to 1920x1200 @ 60Hz. Since you are telling that you have checked those that should not be the issue. Second, you can find a BIOS update if needed from

http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z77%20Extreme6/?cat=Download&os=BIOS (Official ASrock site if this link does not work)

Try a update if needed as smorizio said.The P2.20 version is specifically said to fix some CPU codes which may solve your code 12 problem.
Let us know.Good luck!