Sign in with
Your question

BUILDING THE "PERFECT" COMPUTER

Last response: in Components
Anonymous
March 15, 2002 8:19:42 PM

ok as a newbee i don,t deserve any respect yet!

i'am being asked what is the best all around computer?something good for games, video, the office, music, burning, or whatever else they may want to do.

so i now pose the ultimate question to you the ones with the experince in daily dealings with each and every product nessacery to produce such a machine.

my "perferect" computer
1)would not crash.
2)could eaisly be overclocked.
3)awsome for the latest and even the not yet released games.
4)burn disks in the wink of an eye.
5)edit, copy, and transform video effortlessly.
6)and yet tend to all the busisness's needs.
okay you get the idea a computer that can do anything!
!!EXCEPT BREAK THE BANK!!
so here's the question:
what are the best all around components for such a system???
the "perfect" computer?

manufactures dosent matter. just the products that work the best together to come as close as possible to the "perfect" computer.

to all those who respond a hearty thank you!<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by mikace on 03/15/02 10:57 PM.</EM></FONT></P>
March 15, 2002 8:28:49 PM

Well your obviously going "Top of the Line" You could wait for the 64-Bit amd "Hammer" In your case maybe get the Highest P4 chip available...I guess the Northwood 2.2 ghz...not really into over clocking but "FATBURGER" has gotten his to 2.5 ghz.. i guess Enermax Power Supply... Crucial, corsair, samsung memory.. GeForce4 ti4600 Video Card.. There really is no answer to your question the answer's i give you would probly be valid for 4 months if anything..new stuff comes out all the time that's better then the last. Windows XP Professional has been running fine for me... has never Failed or Hung at anytime...I guess that would be the OS of choice. ... you would probly want something in the 120GB range..for a Hard Drive..

Be more specific with your Question...maybe i can help you alittle better....Some people like AMD (like me) some people like Intel Pentium CPu's.... AMD XP processors give you a good Bang for your buck... PENTIUM is a bit pricey and doesn't blow away AMD... in my case go with the AMD T-bread Line... which should be out in a month or two..

Once you go AMD, You never Go back!!
March 15, 2002 9:19:20 PM

Quote:

1)WOULD NOT CRASH UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.

Impossible!

Quote:

2)COULD EASILY BE OVERCLOCKED.

Get a Northwood or wait for the T-Bred.

Quote:

3)AWSOME FOR THE LATESET AND EVEN FOR THE NOT YET RELEASED GAMES.

Get a GF4Ti4600 or wait for the ATI RV250.

Quote:

4)BURN DISKS IN THE WINK OF AN EYE.

Get a 40X12X48 Lite-On.

Quote:

5)EDIT, COPY, & TRANSFORM VIDEO EFFORTLESSLY.

Get 1GB of DDR RAM for AMD or RDRAM for P4

Quote:

Get a big 100GB hard drive for storage and a decent CRT monitor.

Quote:

WHAT ARE THE BEST ALL AROUND COMPONETS FOR THE
"PERFECT" COMPUTER?

See above for a sketchy list.

Also, please don't post in all caps next time.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor
Related resources
March 15, 2002 9:25:29 PM

Quote:
Also, please don't post in all caps next time.

I agree, it's a surefire way to annoy me. If that was your intent of course, then well done :smile:

BTW rob, my 1.6A is at 2.5. I didn't waste the extra ~$440 for a 2.2.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>
Don't step in the sarcasm!
March 16, 2002 12:41:06 AM

well i was just saying, because he might now want to overclock..i guess some people are afraid and might now want to mess anything up..

are you running a WCS to keep that thing at a good Temp.

you got your money's worth out of that thing, thats for sure!

Once you go AMD, You never Go back!!
March 16, 2002 4:07:17 AM

There is no such thing as top of the line and cheap.
There is no Ferrari in the price range of a GEO Metro. :) 

<font color=red>Handsome A7V133 looking for long term relationship with a XP CPU. Prefer non smoker.</font color=red>
!