Cheapest video card that maxes out Skyrim...

kingtkuehn

Honorable
Feb 7, 2013
i have hp pivilion p6510f/ 8gb ram/750hdd/ AMD Athlon II X4 630 processer 250watt power supply/ 256mb intrgrated graphics/ . i know i need power supply and graphics/video card/ im not sure what to get on a budget. please tell me what i need to play skyrim on max settings. ive put 800 hours into the game the way my computer is, but want to start over with dlc with max graphics settings. card and power supply thats compatible please. ty 1 pcie slot
ok im good took care of it. i got 600 watt thermaltake psu and xfx 6700 gfx card thanks. anyway to delete all these posts now

cobra5000

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2008
I don't know what these guys are talking about. NONE of the cards listed will play Skyrim at it's HIGHEST settings.
They will play the game just fine, but they wont be at it's highest level.

these max cards his system can use without breaking the bank. if the op wanted a gaming system to kill all games he be looking at an i7 system like ones toms uses for tests beds. i dont think op wants to drop 1500 for a new rig. the cards listed going to let him play games better but he not going to get max setting of 680 or 7970.